Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have recently received some literature from my dealer pushing all kinds of after sales items but there was also a handwritten note on their headed paper simply saying "Ask about £500 from Audi" .

When I called into the dealer on Wednesday to finalise collection details for next week I raised this with the salesman (not the guy I ordered from as he was off sick) he said it was an additional contribution from Audi financial services if I chose to use their finance. I had intended to pay cash but started to consider the finance option.

When I got home I looked on the Audi website and found there is a retail financial offer currently for the Q5 but it says there is a £1000 contribution from Audi. This obviously makes it more attractive but I am thinking the dealership may be pulling a fast one with me by offering only £500.

Before I open a can of "Whup-ass"on them my question is:-

Has anyone out there recently taken up the finance offer and what level of contribution did Audi FS put in.

Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've managed to secure a reasonable discount of 9% however when I came to agreeing payment I was told that the £1000 finance offer was reduced to £500. The reasoning behind this was that Audi finance puts up £500 and the dealer is asked to put up £500. However as I'd already got a good deal the dealer was unable/unwilling to put up the £500.

I was willing to let this pass as I was already saving nearly £4k but it does seem a reasonable excuse?

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
If you find a dealer with the car in the specification you want on pre-order, you can generally negotiate a better deal. I got no discount, but a great trade in valuation, swings and roundabouts.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've managed to secure a reasonable discount of 9% however when I came to agreeing payment I was told that the £1000 finance offer was reduced to £500. The reasoning behind this was that Audi finance puts up £500 and the dealer is asked to put up £500. However as I'd already got a good deal the dealer was unable/unwilling to put up the £500.

I was willing to let this pass as I was already saving nearly £4k but it does seem a reasonable excuse?
That seems a reasonable answer, just wonder why the dealer didn't mention the two way split.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I went through a broker, was given the price then passed on to the dealer. I believe the dealer gave me their best price so I can understand them being unwilling to give another £500 away. I'm happy with the price I'm paying for a car with such strong residuals. If there were no discounts available then I would have been demanding the full £1k deposit.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also took that route and was happy with the deal. Didn't consider finance until I spoke to the salesman last week.

I'm gonna call them Monday to discuss further.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Let me know how you get on. How much % discount did you get if you don't mind me asking.

Cheers

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just over 10% plus a significant contribution from Audi UK due to problems with a rejected Q3.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Me too, due to problems on the Q3. I am also being given the £1000 dealer contribution, which is rather jolly, so am doing PCP v

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Spoke to the dealer today and indeed the offer is £500 from Audi and the dealers £500 is already included in the discount i got. (even though I wasn't taking finance in the first place?)

·
Registered
16 Posts
We placed our order on new years eve, this finance offer came out the next day. I spoke to my dealer who arranged the extra £500 to be taken off the finance package when we complete the paperwork next week. I too managed just over 10% discount on my new car which is why the garage would only give me £500 off finance. They said that they could'nt give me any more discount!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks like everyone's in pretty much the same boat, 10% discount with only £500 from the finance offer. At least this means I don't have to confront the dealer over a further £500 discount as he appears to be telling the truth.

On another note, I can't understand how I can pick up a brand new q5 with 10% discount when year old cars are costing approximately the same?

·
Banned
842 Posts
I think its a demand issue Daytona it was the same as when I bought mine 12 months ago. You could negotiate a small discount for a new order and it would take 6 months or you could have a "nearly new" from stock at practically the same price. Dealers were taking advantage of the buyers and the I want it now mindset.

Interestingly the second hand car we originally looked at was approximately £8k cheaper than an similar new vehicle. Guess how much the dealer tried to structure into the finance package???

We bought a new Q using a broker quote to bargain with the dealer and waited 5 months in the end.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I got pretty much the same story - £500 dealer contribution and £500 from Audi UK when finance is used, haven't pulled the trigger yet but was offered 9% on an S-Line plus with the additional £500 if we went down the finance route.
However I am getting tempted with all the new technology on the new A6 Avant

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got pretty much the same story - £500 dealer contribution and £500 from Audi UK when finance is used, haven't pulled the trigger yet but was offered 9% on an S-Line plus with the additional £500 if we went down the finance route.
However I am getting tempted with all the new technology on the new A6 Avant
Same story here with deal I done last week. Best price was from orangewheels online for s-line plus with no extras at £33,900 and most dealers happy to match it. Issue I had was the local dealers shocking trade in offers for a Volvo XC90 SE that's just under 3 years old.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts