1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I've been reading today's Autocar and came across this article:

Hot Audi Diesel for Porsche

AUDI WILL PROVIDE Porsche with its Q5 platform and hot new V6 twin turbodieseI for the Iatter's new baby Cajun off roader as part of deepening ties between the two VW Group members.
The tie up is designed to align the two brands more closely, saving R&D and component costs.
The first Audi model to get the 309bhp, 479 lb ft 3.0 litre V6 diesel will be this new range topping version of the facelifted Q5, due early next year (pictured during tests, left).
Among the Audi models earmarked to receive the new diesel engine are the A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8 and Q7, according to Axel Eisner, Audi's head of engine development.
He denied speculation that the motor will underpin a new line of diesel powered 5 models, but': admitted that work is also progressing on a twin¬turbocharged four cylinder oil burner.​

There's a photo too which I've attached.

I've got my order in and I'm expecting delivery Sep-Nov 11, not sure now whether to wait.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Banned
801 Posts
Hi,
I've been reading today's Autocar and came across this article:

Hot Audi Diesel for Porsche

AUDI WILL PROVIDE Porsche with its Q5 platform and hot new V6 twin turbodieseI for the Iatter's new baby Cajun off roader as part of deepening ties between the two VW Group members.
The tie up is designed to align the two brands more closely, saving R&D and component costs.
The first Audi model to get the 309bhp, 479 lb ft 3.0 litre V6 diesel will be this new range topping version of the facelifted Q5, due early next year (pictured during tests, left).
Among the Audi models earmarked to receive the new diesel engine are the A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8 and Q7, according to Axel Eisner, Audi's head of engine development.
He denied speculation that the motor will underpin a new line of diesel powered 5 models, but': admitted that work is also progressing on a twin¬turbocharged four cylinder oil burner.​

There's a photo too which I've attached.

I've got my order in and I'm expecting delivery Sep-Nov 11, not sure now whether to wait.

What do you guys think?
This is an old picture a Facelift Audi Q5 will be late 2012 or early 2013

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/spied/11q2/2013_audi_q5_s_sq5_spy_photos-future_cars

http://ca.autoblog.com/2011/05/12/are-you-the-audi-q5-s/

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny how both your photos are from May 2011 articles and just the same as the one in Autocar magazine, so not an "old" picture!
Here in the UK Autocar is a reliable source of info so when they say the facelifted model will be launched "early next year" it's probably accurate.

·
Banned
801 Posts
Funny how both your photos are from May 2011 articles and just the same as the one in Autocar magazine, so not an "old" picture!
Here in the UK Autocar is a reliable source of info so when they say the facelifted model will be launched "early next year" it's probably accurate.
For your information first goes Facelift for the Audi A5, because it is the oldest in the family then go Audi A4 last Audi Q5. Q5 because the last and presented.
Journalists have written about a year ago in January 2011 to begin selling hybrid Q5 I do not see it yet. They wrote that Q3 sales began in June, yet it does ........

Reactions: spijun and mb8388

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's reassuring

I see that the Q5 hybrid is featured on audi.co.uk and you can pre-register for more details
It's an interesting idea but I wonder if it will have poorer residual values than regular models because battery packs have a limited lifespan?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Autofil (norwegian car magazine) stated that the facelift will be in September 2012. They had a list of all VAG updates some months ago and claimed they got the list from VAG.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Autofil (norwegian car magazine) stated that the facelift will be in September 2012. They had a list of all VAG updates some months ago and claimed they got the list from VAG.
I would be interested if they start making facelift model in September or start selling them / taking orders for it?
My car is scheduled for a build week 31 (1st of August) and I wonder if I get the facelift model...
Any chance you can post the list of all VAG updates please...

·
Registered
240 Posts
I would be interested if they start making facelift model in September or start selling them / taking orders for it?
My car is scheduled for a build week 31 (1st of August) and I wonder if I get the facelift model...
If the September 2012 date is correct and you mean your build week is 31/2012 then you might be in luck - but that really would be a long wait!

·
Registered
69 Posts
If the September 2012 date is correct and you mean your build week is 31/2012 then you might be in luck - but that really would be a long wait!
Long wait indeed!... I ordered the car in FEBRUARY!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have trashed it
. It was a long list of updates and also some new VW models. I also noticed that the A5 will have it's facelift this fall. For the Q5, you will have to wait another year!

·
Banned
801 Posts
September 2012 is okay, because Audi has a term of every 4 years to throw a facelift two years later brand new model.
Unofficially, in October following a facelift for the A5, then January or February 2012 facelift A4

·
Banned
801 Posts
I have read the A5 facelift begins from wk37
"According to our German sources, Audi will debut the 2012 A5 facelift, in both coupe and convertible body styles, at the 2011 Frankfurt Auto Show this fall. The Audi A5 facelift will come with newly designed headlights, with integrated LED daytime running lights, a new front bumper and a slightly re-styled front grille.

The rear of Audi's facelifted A5 will feature new LED tail lights and a few other minor modifications. As far as we know so far, the interior of the Audi A5 facelift will be mostly the same as the current one.

In terms of engines, the Audi A5 facelift may bring a new supercharged V6 unit, that will
replace the V8 from the current S5. The rest of the engines offered by Audi on the current A5 / S5 line-up will remain unchanged."

Source: AutoBild

1 - 13 of 13 Posts