Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am from perth Western Australia, Just ordered Q5 2014 White color and will be delivered in July this year. I know its such a long wait, before they told me its gonna be delivered here in October.

I am thinking to replace the 18" standard wheel with 20". Anyone have any idea where i can get them in Australia?
Thank you

Dayryu

·
Registered
221 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Might be easier to add the 20" to your order?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Welcome! Quite a few from Oz on here now!

As suggested it will be 3 times cheaper to just add 20s as an option on your order...

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hi and a welcome from me to this helpful forum!

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Welcome aboard 😄

Reactions: dayryu

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi all,

thanks for dropping by and say hi.

i asked audi in australia about getting 20" for my q5 and it will cost AUD3100 for the upgrade.
does it sound good? or i should find elsewhere like after market wheels?

will the ride be less comfy if i have 20inch wheel?

thanks guys

·
Registered
814 Posts
Welcome.
I lived in Perth for 10 years, W.A is great driving country.

If you haven't already, take another close look at the Q5 pricing & specification guide

https://www.audi.co....ides/q5-sq5.pdf (This is the UK/ £GPB guide as example, I assume there will be an Aussie version)

I started out considering the basic SE model, but with my growing list of options, it came to the point where it was more cost-effective to simply jump 2 catergories up to the S-Line plus (which comes with 20" wheels as standard for example)

Not too late to change if you decide all those other tasty extras suddenly look good !

EDIT :
Re: the ride quality, it was the main reason I initially went with the SE and 18" wheels, but when I later test drove an S-Line plus, with standard suspension (be sure to not order S-Line suspension if you want the comfort factor) I found the ride was just right for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In Audi Perth, they are offering exterior s line package for AUD3900 and AUD8600 for 20" alloy wheel. Not sure if it worth the money?
Any suggestion?

·
Registered
814 Posts
In Audi Perth, they are offering exterior s line package for AUD3900 and AUD8600 for 20" alloy wheel. Not sure if it worth the money?
Any suggestion?
Not sure what models you have in Aus, or which model you've ordered, but in UK, for AUD8,600, or around £5,000, you can up upgrade from basic model to the top of range model (on the 2.0l version anyway) and gain a whole host of extras apart from what you mentioned.

I would go to where you ordered the car, ask your salesman to produce the latest pricing and specs guide, and spend an hour going through it with, him to specify exacly what you want, preferably by upgrading to higher level, as the extras will work out cheaper in the packages rather than ordering one-offs.
You can get the 20" wheels as standard if you upgrade

1 - 11 of 11 Posts