Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys,

been a member for a while when i was trying to customize my daily Q5, but decided not to, ive work a lot on bikes so i'm familiar with engines etc over the last 4 months, ive had to add a total of 4L of oil to my Q5, i haven't had it serviced because ive been so busy, and driving it a lot more now that my summer car/motorcycle is put away for the winter, i last topped up the oil in october, and thought id keep an eye on it, but i just got the add oil light today, so i figured id take the engine cover off, and it looks like theres oil leaking, and that the engine isnt burning it off, and there isn't any dripping on the ground

a couple of the photos is of the block, as well as i found some metal shaving on the headers? is there anything you guys would suggest i keep an eye out, and wear to check? like i said in the above text, im very familar with motorcyles and engines in general, but ive never worked on audi's before so i figured id ask you guys if theres anywhere i should check before taking it in, as im about 6 hours away from my dealership,

thanks

-Zac

ive also included an imgur album as the photos are too large to post in the forum!

Attachments

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
1,872 Posts
First off your engine bay needs a clean.

Second that looks like an oil leak of sorts to me, especially as you are constantly topping it up.

My advice would be to get it checked out at the dealer or at least a local garage that is familiar with Audi/this engine type.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts