Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any idea what the thickness of paint generally is on a new Q5 these days? When my car was detailed, prior to machine polishing and after claying, the paint thickness was measured. I think it was around 150 microns across all the major panels (can't remember if this is right?). Anyone have any experience of this? I was told by the detailer that Audi is up at the top in the paint thickness league based on the comparative measurements that he takes when new car detailing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone have any idea what the thickness of paint generally is on a new Q5 these days? When my car was detailed, prior to machine polishing and after claying, the paint thickness was measured. I think it was around 150 microns across all the major panels (can't remember if this is right?). Anyone have any experience of this? I was told by the detailer that Audi is up at the top in the paint thickness league based on the comparative measurements that he takes when new car detailing.
Its about bang on for Audi paint is that. Normally somewhere between about 130-150, give or take a few microns for accuracy of the gauge.

Tim

·
Registered
952 Posts
Haven't got my Audi yet but recently got a new Golf and new white paint on it seems a decent depth and lovely smooth finish unlike the previous BMW orange peel norm.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BMW do tend to have more orange peel in my experience. Audi do seem to produce better paint finishes. That said the difference a detailing makes is fantastic even on a new car.

·
Registered
884 Posts
BMW do tend to have more orange peel in my experience. Audi do seem to produce better paint finishes. That said the difference a detailing makes is fantastic even on a new car.
I'll second that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts