Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know whether the Audi Music Interface (AMI) allows you to stream music from internet services such as Napster or Spotify?

I use Napster on an iPhone 5 and it allows you to either stream music over 3G/4G or download it to your Napster app to play offline. I want to be able to listen to this music (either streaming or downloaded) in the car by plugging my iPhone into the AMI. I've found an few articles on the web but nothing conclusive.

Appreciate any help anyone can provide. Although I'll find out soon enough as I pick my Q5 up next weekend!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I exclusively use Spotify for music and do it via Bluetooth. I only plug it in for charging purposes. Once connected anything you play on the phone (iTunes/Spotify/YouTube/napster etc) will come out of the car.

I suggest getting 12v to USB adaptor for £1.99 and putting it in the armrest to charge the phone.

Problem is at the moment there is no iphone 5 AMI adaptor. You have to use a 30pin to lightning connector that I'm not willing to pay for.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: richg

·
Registered
40 Posts
I exclusively use Spotify for music and do it via Bluetooth. I only plug it in for charging purposes. Once connected anything you play on the phone (iTunes/Spotify/YouTube/napster etc) will come out of the car.

I suggest getting 12v to USB adaptor for £1.99 and putting it in the armrest to charge the phone.

Problem is at the moment there is no iphone 5 AMI adaptor. You have to use a 30pin to lightning connector that I'm not willing to pay for.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Jose does this still work with ios 7 / 7.1 and does the screen display the track details with spotify? Thanks, mark

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes - works with the latest iOS with current track details being shown on the MMI/DIS screens. You can skip fwd/bwd tracks by rocking the volume knob left/right as well.
Awesome thanks for that!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts