Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2009 (yes old) Q5 2.0 TDI S-line.

I have from day one played my music from my phone through the car using the connecting lead in the glovebox. (AMI)

Sometimes it connects great and sometimes I get a message that it is not supported, genuine leads used but Iphone connector for newer phone.

More recently it has not been working at all, not even charging the phone.

Today I thought I'd have a look myself and I am actually able to pull the whole black box out of the glovebox but still a wire connection (lots of coloured wires) at the back.

Would you suggest a new connection cable (4F0051510Q) or something more sinister?

Thank you Julie

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
These cables contain very fine (i.e. narrow gauge) wires which are easily damaged. Speak nicely to Abz Audi and I feel sure they will lend you a cable from their demonstrator to test. Alternatively, I also live in Abz if you want to try my cable?

Does your Q5 have an SD card slot? This is much more convenient for playing music.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am unsure if I have a SD card slot but I will check after work. Can I ask if I do, where will it be?
That would also mean having to transfer my music to a SD card?

Greatly appreciate your reply.

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
My 2009 Q5 had an SD card. Please see this video https://www.youtube....h?v=OkHoOiwnQMs

Very easy to download music to SD Card. I presume you have music stored as iTunes on your PC? https://www.youtube....h?v=i8MXfquwoLs

It is far easier than this video. Just find your tune(s) on your PC right click mouse to copy. Open your SD card right click and paste. Job done.

You may have to change file format, but let's not go there unless you have an issue playing music from the SD Card.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Still Game, yes I do have an SD card slot, I take it this is the option instead of the AMI in glove box?
Suppose I am not too old to learn new technology but if I could try your lead I would be very grateful.

@Justanhonestman, seriously you would not believe it. My Dad died last year (mechanic for 49 yeas) and you would not believe all that can happen in one year!
I would actually bore you with the list.

Yeah having to go to a garage and be ripped off ain't much fun, Iv'e spent a good round the world holiday on my car in the last year!

·
Registered
493 Posts
1. Has your phone recently experienced an OS update, where music played before the update, but not after?
2. Have you recently subscribed to a streaming service like Apple Music (the MMI might expect the music to be resident on your device, rather than streamed)

If you're using an iPod or iPhone, and you use iTunes to sync the device to your computer-based media library, consider doing the following:
  1. Sync no music to your device, thereby emptying your device of music.
  2. Sync the music you desire to your device, thereby giving it a fresh copy of the music and rebuilding the related indexing data.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts