Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are been loaned a mobility / courtesy car from next week due to a 29 week delay in our car been built - Q5 3 ltr special edition now due in week 34 - delivery september ish.

The trouble is we have to insure the car ourselves - I have rung several insurance companies including Audi insurance and no-one is willing to
Insure the car as I am not the legal or registered owner - does anyone have any ideas how I can insure the car ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
We are been loaned a mobility / courtesy car from next week due to a 29 week delay in our car been built - Q5 3 ltr special edition now due in week 34 - delivery september ish.

The trouble is we have to insure the car ourselves - I have rung several insurance companies including Audi insurance and no-one is willing to
Insure the car as I am not the legal or registered owner - does anyone have any ideas how I can insure the car ?
My insurers would only provide cover for a 30 day period which cost about £50 but it would need to be renewed for every 30 day period. When I went to renew for the next 30 days they quoted me around £200 for the next 30 days!!!
I got straight on to the dealers and told them what I thought of the loan scheme. The salesman then put me on the dealers insurance for the rest of the loan (another 2 months).
If the possibility is there to do this, why don't they just do this from the start?!!
If the loan car is a way of compensating the customer for unacceptable delivery times, the insurance should not be another added burden, it should be provided with the car!!!

Get on to your dealers. They can add your name to the dealership cover as they would if you had a loan car for a day. Maybe it costs them something to do this which is why they try it on first, but they should not expect the customer to be responsible for even more cost and hassle.

Good luck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My insurers would only provide cover for a 30 day period which cost about £50 but it would need to be renewed for every 30 day period. When I went to renew for the next 30 days they quoted me around £200 for the next 30 days!!!
I got straight on to the dealers and told them what I thought of the loan scheme. The salesman then put me on the dealers insurance for the rest of the loan (another 2 months).
If the possibility is there to do this, why don't they just do this from the start?!!
If the loan car is a way of compensating the customer for unacceptable delivery times, the insurance should not be another added burden, it should be provided with the car!!!

Get on to your dealers. They can add your name to the dealership cover as they would if you had a loan car for a day. Maybe it costs them something to do this which is why they try it on first, but they should not expect the customer to be responsible for even more cost and hassle.

Good luck.
Hi,

I am in the same boat as you and Audi have given me a brand new A4 Advent until our car is ready. I'm with Bell insurance and they have let me change my insurance with no questions, even tho I told them it's Audi's car. What car have they said they will give you?

Good luck with it!

·
Registered
44 Posts

I've had my Q5 now for 4 months but before delivery in Dec I had an A6 on the mobility scheme for 3 months. Saga wouldn't touch it but Audi Insurance were only too pleased to oblige and gave me a really, really good deal both for the A6 and now for the Q5. Mind you . . . I'm old, live in the country, am retired and have a no claims as long as your arm, so does my wife. The Q5 is fabulous though, well worth working hard for 40+ years for.

Ed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks for replies. I have now after a 40 min phone call to Audi insurance sorted out insurance for our "60" plate A4 s-line Avant tdi mobility car which we will have until our new Q5 arrives.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts