Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Sorry if this question is duh or has been covered before.....I have a 2016 Audi Q5 Sline 190PS, UK model.

I wanted to know how connect my Mobile to car MMI system. I have paired my mobile devices to the car via Bluetooth and they work fine but I keep hearing how people are able to copy music to the SD cards loaded on to the car from connected mobile devices n how people are able to use google maps.

For the life of me I have been unable to figure this out. I couldn't even find an AUX-in port. There was a MMI connector provided with the car but it comes only with an apple connector but even then I cant figure out where to plug that in.

Can anyone help/guide or direct to any guides or videos for this stuff.

Cheers,

Ash

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
You copy music to the SD cards by first using a computer and then putting the MP3 files of choice on said card.
Re-insert into SD card in the car and select the slot from the media screen.

Google maps, if you have a car with Audi Connect yo can use google maps and you just pop a SIM card into the slot.
Connect on the Q5 is very limited and most of the functions are not available.

MMI connect is in the glovebox on my SQ (center leftish), but in truth the systems are over 10 years old, so....
You can also connect an Audi profile over BT too, and play music from your phone.

Take a look in the manual, it's fully explained and has pictures.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Snowman....

My model doesn't have Audi Connecr so no luck with that or me I guess....

I get the music being copied using a computer bit but wanted to know how I could do it in the car using the copy function. I believe it a be done only when your phone is connected to MMI but not via Bluetooth....Will try tht option....

Thanks again

·
Registered
795 Posts
Spotify works quite well on mine with track info displayed etc.

i can use Android's 'OK Google' function to change tracks, or just use the 'Functions' on the MMI.

Reactions: ashdevkar
1 - 4 of 4 Posts