Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just joined the forum and thought i'd say a quick hello. Probably like most of you have dabbled around with cars for many years and owned a fair collection, always come back to Audi's as i reckon for quality and reliability they're the best in the business. Trading in my latest Q7 (superb vehicle) for a q5 s line plus with some bits, due August 2013. I've already had a quick look at some of the topics and can see there's plenty of knowledgeable people here, looking forward to joining in soon.

·
Banned
489 Posts
Welcome to the forum Barley53. What made you go for a Q5?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'll be very interested in you thoughts going from Q7 to Q5. I had a Q7 a few years ago and loved it but...it's been a while...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all, I would probably have gone for the Q5 a couple of years ago; I'd already had a Q7 which i traded in for an amv8, when i couldn't afford to run that any longer i happened to come across a beautiful s line Q7 in lava grey in a showroom and was hooked again. Couldn't drag my wife away from it, is probably closer to the truth...

Swapping for a Q5 for purely personal reasons. Can't fault the Q7 in any way, love it to bits and drive it to work nearly every day and all over the uk and europe. Really don't want to lose it, however my wages haven't gone up for three years, the latest annual bill for 4 new tyres coming to £1250 was the last straw. Wife not too happy but am hoping that the Q5 will give me a smaller, cheaper to run version of the Q7.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Welcome to the forum Barley 53, sounds like you have had no choice in swapping over, you wont be dissapointed with the Q5 its a fantastic bit of kit, im on my third since launch in 2008 and we love it.

All the best Merlin

·
Registered
88 Posts
From my brief experience so far (extended test drive) the Q5 feels better than the Q7. I could have chosen either but wanted the speed of the SQ5. Even if I hadn't gone for the SQ5, I would have done a Q5. The reason is that it has everything you love about the Q7 (albeit, minus a little space) and is just a bit easier to live with...wait until you need to park! I don't think you'll even give the Q7 a second thought once you've got used to the Q5.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers Merlin, you're probably right, will be taking it up to Scotland in September, the Q7 excels at this sort of journey so fingers crossed the Q5 won't disappoint. Obsidian, i hear what you're saying; won't miss the daily tour round the office car park searching for a spot wide enough to open my door. Will definitely miss its adjustable air suspension and sheer road presence though, and the seats are like well-stuffed armchairs...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts