Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Still Game
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Offered £350 contribution if I take Audi finance. IMHO it doesn't realy seem worth the effort / risk / hassle to arrange and then cancel the deal.

·
Banned
842 Posts
I guess its down to personal preference.

As long as you arent planning on taking out any other new lending in the immediate future then I'd go for it. However if I was looking ay other new borrowing such as a mortgage I'd avoid it as to not look credit hungry...

Isn't it meant to be £500???

·
Registered
119 Posts
I thought that if you took finance, Audi put up £500, plus the dealer matches £500 = £1000. That's certainly what I got. It's worth pressing that, but I agree with Chopper about the effect on your credit record.

·
Registered
202 Posts
we are into a new 1/4 so the deal might of changed??

i was going to ask if anyone knew what the new finance deal was on the SQ5 / Q5 for Q2 as if it is better than Q1 my dealer will offer me the improved terms - if it is worse then they will honor the terms at the time of deposit.

The dealer contribution isnt necessarily guaranteed i dont think?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ah yes, Scottishjock, you're right. Just checked up - £350 it is. Orangewheels is also offering the £350, and a significant reduction on overall price - worth a look...

·
Registered
343 Posts
I can confirm that its now £850 in total, £350 from the dealer and £500 from Audi, this is in addition to any other deal / discount you can negotiate with your dealer

·
Still Game
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The offer I have is only £350, plus the discount I had previously negotiated on the cash price from Abz Audi. Everything is negotiable and I await their response to see if they can better their finance deal.

I do appreciate it is better to have cash in my account rather than tied up in a depreciating asset. If one cannot afford to pay cash, it is a no brainer.

·
Banned
842 Posts
I think the game is to take the finance for the £350, drive home and cancel the finance, paying your statutory rate of interest is it not?

So it even makes sense if you are a cash buyer.

·
Registered
202 Posts
What is the finance percentage this new quarter? It was 6.9%

·
Registered
343 Posts
I think I was offered 6.4% but will need to check this - I believe when the contribution for using finance came down to £350.00 the the APR came down with the Q2 campaign

·
Registered
343 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Can someone tell me if when you cancel the finance (after 2 hours of leaving dealership) you get the setup fee back? I know I'm being tight but just found out today that the finance contribution has dropped to £350 when I was expecting £500! I've already negociated a few goodies from the dealer but just left feeling a little bitter. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Can someone tell me if when you cancel the finance (after 2 hours of leaving dealership) you get the setup fee back? I know I'm being tight but just found out today that the finance contribution has dropped to £350 when I was expecting £500! I've already negociated a few goodies from the dealer but just left feeling a little bitter. Thanks
When I cancelled mine within 14 days I didn't pay the setup fees as they were loaded into the first months payment. I just paid £37 in interested for the 6 or 7 days I waited before exercising my right to withdraw.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Take the finance, pay off in within 14 days and you're £350 better off. Now if anyone can earn that easier than signing a piece of paper and then making one phone call with your debit card details, I'd like to know how!

I posted a thread about this last month " Save thousands on Audi Finance" take a look for full details

·
Still Game
4,617 Posts
I don't doubt you have been successful, but I am a little uneasy >

Can I get out of the agreement?
Whether or not you have a cooling off period depends how the contract was made. Where you have been presented with the paperwork to sign on trade premises, it is legally binding from the moment they are it is signed. If you entered into the contract at a distance - over the phone, via the internet, by post, or if you dealt with a broker, then you will have a cooling off period of 14 days (30 days for some products).
See here http://whatconsumer....ents-explained/ & http://www.netlawman...redit-agreement

1 - 16 of 16 Posts