Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning! First time poster... looking into purchasing a Q5 and came across the forum which is very informative. I have a question of my own, as I have asked my lease company to quote me on a 2.0 TDI Quattro S Line Plus 5dr S Tronic with Audi Exclusive Cognac leather - they have come back and said they can do it, but it will take three months longer:

One word of warning though, the last Audi I ordered with an "exclusive" pack added around 3 months extra to the lead time of the car. Bizarrely, these trimmings are not done from scratch at the factory, but built to standard specification and then shipped to a separate factory to be re-trimmed. I am happy to check for you but I would imagine this will be way into 2014 to get a car with an exclusive pack.

Is this correct as when I discussed this with my local Audi dealership previously, nothing was mentioned? I am not expecting a new vehicle before November, but Jan 14 seems excessive! Any advice/experience would be much appreciated...

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
My exclusive order SQ5 took no longer to arrive than a.n.others who ordered SQ5s from the same dealership. I would suggest it is more inconvenient for the dealer as they may be unable to fulfil your exclusive order with a pre-ordered vehicle / swop with another dealer.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks missile - think I'm going to risk it and get the order in ASAP just in case!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Well it's easy to check if you ask you local dealer. However I asked my wife who is a global car fleet manager and she said the lease company will be reluctant to place the order. Reason is that when they come to sell it (i) leather is leather and it is hard to recover the premium (ii) you may specify an interior combo that you like but makes the car a bit of an orphan come end of lease disposal. She has just had one such "odd" combo from a high ranking exec in her own company. She has had to accept a deviation on both the lease cost and the lease terms (in favour of the lease company) for just the reasons I have mentioned. Apparently lease companies like things nice and safe!

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
If "your" lease company will not give you the service you deserve, there are others who will bite your hand off for the business. It is a buyers market. Do not accept any bullshit.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Aldfort - I've spoken to a couple of Audi dealers and they are saying around 5-6 months with AE as opposed to 3-4 months without, which works fine for me. Your point about the lease company wanting a 'nice and safe' deal makes sense, so I have spoken to them and told them I still want to go ahead, and they are now getting Audi to put through a dummy order to see what the date actually looks like... my existing car is on PCH with them and apparently I can just continue to pay the monthly payments if there is a gap between the scheduled end of the term and the delivery of the Q5, which makes me feel better (but I'm going to check with LEX to be sure!)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Missile, I've been a bit disappointed with the lease companies I've approached - as soon as I've mentioned PCP as opposed to PCH, and personal spec, they don't seem interested! As per the previous post, I guess they are looking for the simple deals.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, Audi quoted me £2.5k up front and £550pcm for 4 years for the S Line Plus manual with heated front seats as the only option - my lease company have now offered £1.5k/£520pcm for the auto with £2.5k of extras incl. the Audi Exclusive, so a much better deal. Audi came back this morning and said AE will have no delay, only off spec AE will, which is 10 weeks - so I'm going to risk it and order with the AE through the lease company...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just thought I'd post an update as there are quite a few threads regarding lead times - put my order in as mentioned above on 31st May, and received a build week this Monday of week 38, with the car expected at the dealers mid October, much better than the original suggestion of 'March 14 or later'!

So thanks to the guys above who highlighted the likely tactics to put me off a basic model, glad I followed the advice and went for the spec I wanted! 16 weeks from order to build seems very fast in comparison to other posts on here but as I have a car until mid Nov at the earliest I'm in no rush anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts