Audi Q5 Forum banner

Audi Ensurance - it's brilliant, and it's FREE!

12K views 37 replies 18 participants last post by  zen123 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Lanerboy said:
can you please explain what Audi Ensure is.
firstly - it is FREE and offered with every new (and some older) Audi!

but here it is in detail:

Ensurance is Audi's free accident and repair cover. It works alongside your existing comprehensive motor insurance policy, no matter who you are insured with, to help get your Audi back on the road if it has been damaged in an accident or stolen. It's free for three years and is available on both new and older models.

Your free Ensurance cover includes:
  • Guaranteed use of an Audi approved repairer and Audi trained technicians
  • Repair using only genuine Audi parts
  • Cover for both fault and non-fault claims
  • A dedicated Claims Manager
  • Legal Expenses Cover

read more: https://insurewithau...ucts/Ensurance/

in just 18 hours from the time of my crash they had my Q5 in an approved Audi boyrepair garage and a Q7 replacement vehicle on my drive.

i don't call my own insurance company when i have a prang - i just call Audi Ensurance.

third crash this year - i have them on speed-dial!

do any of you have new Audi's and NOT have Audi Ensurance? seriously?

See less See more
#2 ·
Good to know, about time they supplied something for free although, if I was a cynic, I might think it's a very good way to ensure they get all of the repairs at £120 per hour + parts + VAT. Still good for the customer though and I'll be signing up.

#4 ·
Good to know, about time they supplied something for free although, if I was a cynic, I might think it's a very good way to ensure they get all of the repairs at £120 per hour + parts + VAT.
who cares what all that costs??

you don't ever have to pay it and it guarantees all your car is repaired to Audi standards with Audi parts - and you get a nice new shiny like for like courtesy car

#3 ·
When I receive my Q5 brochure in the post last week there was an additional leaflet explaining Audi Enshurance, shall be taking this out when my new car arrives.

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
none my fault i might add!

1st Jan - tree came down infront of me in a storm
1st Feb - T-boned by someone pulling out of their drive
17 Nov - rear-ended whilst stopped at traffic lights

i'm a lucky guy

just don't buy my car when i sell it

that said - it has all been Audi approved repairs!

all had me back on the road in under 24hrs in a like for like car too - all for free.

thank you Audi Ensure

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
put the number in your phone - and you call Audi when you have an accident 24/7 - you may thank me one day!

I had a prang in New Year's Day and they sorted me out.

you get free Legal Protection so you don't need to shop around for a policy that has that included and it usually costs extra anyhow.

their legal team have already been in touch and are handling my injury claim too and sorting acupuncture for me and all sorts.

seriously,if you own an Audi and you don't have this you're absolutely mental! lol

#10 ·
"Still good for the customer though and I'll be signing up."

You missed that part of my quote rifleman!!!!

PS what neck of the woods do you normally commute - just that, with your record (impressive by the way) I want my satnav set to avoid you ;-)

#11 ·
Already stored (since I picked up the SQ5) in my phone contacts with policy number. Not used yet and I hope I never have to.

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
I got the text and email when i bought my car, they are basically an accident management company with audi branding i remember a member on here being less than impressed with their service http://www.myaudiq5.com/index.php/topic/17025-audi-ensurance/page__hl__ensurance__fromsearch__1
i've used them 3 times now and they have been seamlessly brilliant - even when bombarded with calls from the other insurance company - i just tell them to speak to Audi Ensurance as they are handling the case.

i've never ever had my car in a garage and a replacement vehicle sat on my drive in under 24hours with any car except every time I have used Audi Ensure. if your car is roadworthy obviously it takes longer but mine haven't been.

and to get a 'like for like' car to replace your Q5 when it's off the road is something i think few companies offer.

saves you a few bob on Legal Cover too as they include this for free.

3 times i've used them so far - all outstandingly excellent.

it's FREE!

#17 ·
It seems like a bit of a no brainier as it doesn't cost you anything and seems to offer a genuine Audi backed service. I'm surprised that the dealer never mentioned it during handover, especially as they try and sell you gap and alloy insurance.

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
They don't mention it because it's a free service and that they dont make any money from it unlike gap etc...and that they don't really care. I wasn't told I found out by going to the owners section of the audi website where I stumbled across The words FREE AUDI ESSURANCE WITH EVERY NEW AUDI SIGN UP

Reactions: AudiBear
#20 ·
It's a shame they don't mention it as its a selling point for the car. Maybe they should tell you as they are convincing you to buy , then once they've got you they can try selling the extra insurances which I never take.

Reactions: rifleman
#21 · (Edited by Moderator)
Audi Ensurance called me today to tell me my Q5 will be repaired and ready for collection on Thursday - i had already mentioned to them last week when they offered me a replacement Audi that i would be working in Cornwall for the next couple of weeks and can't make it back to Hampshire to collect it.

i reminded them of this today when they called and they said "...no problem at all - hang onto the Q7 until you are back in Hampshire and can collect your Q5 - we are just calling you to keep you updated and inform you your car is ready when you are...".

the repairs are taking 3 days and they gave me a Q7 for 3 weeks!

so i am under no pressure to worry about rushing back to return the Q7 for my Q5 - that's brilliant service from them in my opinion.

#22 ·
I think I am with Missile on this one. It reminds me of accident claim companies run by lawyers that charge extortionate prices to insurance companies to hire you a car and claim for damages.

I just don't like ripping anyone off. Fair and reasonable is my motto.

Although I am just guessing at the moment, time will tell whether this is the case.

#23 ·
Would you cat be listed on the v5c as damaged and repaired? Also would this affect the resale price if trading in to your main dealer?

#24 ·
FWIW, this isn't new, it isn't special and I don't think that VAG are trying to be furtive or selective about promoting 'Ensurance' either.
It's a no-cost-to-the-consumer bolt-on product (a bit like free servicing or breakdown cover), where the underwriting cost to the manufacturer is likely to be pretty minimal in the context of things.
For the sceptics out there, VAG of late seem to recognise that they're in times of trouble and if they can offer / promote something that instills a teeny weeny bit of consumer confidence (at very little underwriting cost to themselves), then that can't be a bad thing - either for themselves in terms of re-building brand, image and reputation, or for the vehicle owner too.
That's it - nothing more, nothing less.

#26 ·
I don't this this is costing VAG any money. I think they will make money as the claims company will pay them for each referral at the expense of the insurance company. But then I might be paranoid and completely wrong.

#25 ·
This is not a new service, I took it out nearly three years ago.

#27 ·
likewise - i got the email from Audi about a week after i took delivery of my new Q5 and signed up for it straight away.

it's a FREE entitlement - nobody is getting ripped off - you as an Audi owner are jsut getting looked after as you should be when you buy a premium brand, and equally importantly - you know your car will be repaired with only genuine Audi parts in only an Audi approved garage. most insurance companies will insist on getting your Audi repaired at the cheapest garage they can find with the cheapest 'similar' parts fitted.

you bought a premium brand - appreciate the cover you can get with it - FREE.

#28 ·
I think as BarbyBoy kinda mentioned this is free to Audi customer on the surface. But as we all know nothing in life is really free. I suspect that the Audi Ensurance 'outfit' will have costs and bills to pay and will be recovering costs from the insurance companies or from Audi or both.
So your insurance premium may potentially increase more using this service than without? :?

Reactions: ?? SQ-BEAST ??
#29 ·
I think as BarbyBoy kinda mentioned this is free to Audi customer on the surface. But as we all know nothing in life is really free. I suspect that the Audi Ensurance 'outfit' will have costs and bills to pay and will be recovering costs from the insurance companies or from Audi or both.
So your insurance premium may potentially increase more using this service than without? :?
if you have a prang you have a prang - they don't penalise you for being looked after properly when you had your prang.

why settle for your own insurance sending it to a non-approved garage and fitting non-approved parts?

if you are OK with the above just in case your premium might be a little higher because you had premium service when your car was damaged (even though i am sure it won;t be) then by all means don't bother with Audi Ensure, but having used it three times now and been overwhelmed by the service i received - i wouldn't dare be without it.

#30 ·
These claim management companies recoup their costs from the insurance of the driver at fault, no doubt some grossly inflated billing for time/legal advice will come into it.
I was put onto one a while back when someone pranged my parked car. Courtesy vehicle supplied, repaired at the garage of my choice, no excess to pay and claim back, in fact I don't think I even had to notify my own company, perfect.
They save a lot of hassle if you are not to blame, first question they asked, but additional costs will undoubtedly be incurred if you are.
If you are blameless this scheme sounds like a no brainer, (I'd use it), but if you are or even maybe possibly could be I'd notify my insurance company first.

#31 ·
What a great free service, also just signed up as had no idea this existed either.

Same with the owners part of the website - will take a look at that as well

#32 · (Edited by Moderator)
I thought I would give Audi Ensurance another try and they were worse than useless.

I phoned Audi Ensurance:
"Person unknown damaged my wife's car whilst parked last night"
"The nearest approved repairer is in Perth, can you deliver it there?"
"They are 100 miles away. Do you have an approved garage in Aberdeen?"
"No"
"Why can't we use Aberdeen Audi?"
"They are not on our approved list, if you want to use them, you will have to phone your insurer for approval"
"You don't do that for me?"
"No"
"Goodbye"

I phoned our insurance company:
"Person unknown damaged my wife's car whilst parked last night"
"I am sorry to hear that, was anyone injured?"
"No"
"The nearest approved repairer is Aotospray in Aberdeen, would you like me to contact them and see when they can repair?"
"Yes please"
"The earliest they can arrange is Wednesday 16th. They will deliver a courtesy car and collect yours"
"Why can't we use Aberdeen Audi?"
"They are not on our approved list, but you are welcome to have your car repaired at any garage of your choice. Unfortunately we would not be able to offer a courtesy car if you choose not to use an authorised repairer. If you want to arrange this, please forward digital photos of the damage and a quotation so that we may authorise the repair"
"I shall discuss with my wife and confirm"
"We shall await your call. Your claim reference number is XXXX"

#33 ·
most Audi garages do not do Audi bodywork repairs, that's probably why?

#34 ·
I suspect they are not interested because they don't have the other driver's details therefore no insurance company to invoice for all the legal advice they gave you.

#36 ·
Wife had an accident in my Q5 back in Oct where she was at fault so I thought I'd give Audi Ensurance a try. Must say I shouldn't have bothered as I was still instructed to call my insurance company and still had to liase with the bodyshop myself directly.

Reactions: missile
#37 ·
i was at fault when i hit a tree - they were still great and handled everything although at the time i didn't need a courtesy car they still sorted out the approved Audi repair garage (which happens to be a mile from my house).

that was my first accident in my Q5, my first time to use Audi Ensure and i was so impressed that i put them on SpeedDial, and used them for 2 accidents after this - both of which they handled brilliantly.

the FREE Legal Cover alone is a bonus - no point paying your own insurance company for it when you already get it for free with Audi.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.