Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've been trying to get retro-fitted ADS to work since end of 2012 in my Q5 FL. There is a thread here somewhere... I desperately needed it to make artificially soft steering to get tighter/firmer. Changes in Throttle and Gearbox response have been noticeable, but not the Steering.

With this new code below the Steering response is changing as well. FINALLY got it to function 100%!
Instead in byte 8, steering needs to be activated in Byte 11, bit 7. Source: http://www.audisport-iberica.com/for...t-by-marrones/

Complete coding for FL cars without MMI

address 09:
Byte 7 bit 5 Change 0 to 1 - Activates ADS
Byte 8 Bit 0 Change 0 to 1 - Enable Gearbox response difference in various ADS modes (only for Automatic transmission cars, otherwise leave as 0)
Byte 8 Bit 2 Change 0 to 1 - Enable Throttle response difference in various ADS modes
Byte 8 Bit 3 Change 0 to 1 - Enable Suspension (requires electro-adjustable shocks installed as hardware , otherwise leave as 0)
Byte 8 Bit 4 Change 0 to 1 - Enable Dynamic Steering Ratio (requires special steering rack with variable turning ratio installed as hardware, otherwise leave as 0)
Byte 8 Bit 5 Change 0 to 1 - Enable Sports Differential (required special differential installed as a hardware, otherwise leave as 0 )
Byte 11 Bit 7 Change 0 to 1 - Enable Steering response difference in various ADS modes
Security access 20113, adaptation channel 66 -> change to 46 to enable Efficiency Mode.

address 44:
Byte 03, Bit 0, Change 0 to 1 - Enable ADS in steering module

Complete coding for FL cars with MMI

address 09:

Byte 7 bit 5 Change 0 to 1 - Activates ADS
Byte 8 Bit 0 Change 0 to 1 - Enable Gearbox response difference in various ADS modes (only for Automatic transmission cars, otherwise leave as 0)
Byte 8 Bit 2 Change 0 to 1 - Enable Throttle response difference in various ADS modes
Byte 8 Bit 3 Change 0 to 1 - Enable Suspension (requires electro-adjustable shocks installed as hardware , otherwise leave as 0)
Byte 8 Bit 4 Change 0 to 1 - Enable Dynamic Steering Ratio (requires special steering rack with variable turning ratio installed as hardware, otherwise leave as 0)
Byte 8 Bit 5 Change 0 to 1 - Enable Sports Differential (required special differential installed as a hardware, otherwise leave as 0 )
Byte 11 Bit 7 Change 0 to 1 - Enable Steering response difference in various ADS modes
Byte 17 Bit 7 Change 0 to 1 - Enables ADS in the MMI Display
Security access 20113, adaptation channel 66 -> change to 47 to enable efficiency

address 44:
Byte 03, Bit 0, Change 0 to 1 - Enable ADS in steering module

Hidden Menu:
car -> cardevicelist -> charisma - Check
car -> carmenuoperation -> charisma - Change from 0 to 5

·
Registered
236 Posts
From memory you'll find that setting Byte 8 Bit 1 to 1 will also enable the gears to be displayed correctly on the DIS, certainly in MY2015 with automatic transmission.

I have not tried Byte 11 Bit 7 on mine as I can feel a difference between the modes anyway but it is very slight. I will get the lead out over the weekend and see if it makes a difference.

Did you actually manage to code Module 44 without any issues/errors?

Reactions: jmacr32

·
Registered
236 Posts
Byte 11 bit 7 makes no noticeable difference to steering in MY2015 SQ5, you can feel a slight difference between modes with the changes in byte 8 already.

·
Registered
795 Posts
got ADS enabled by Shabaz today (thank you), didn't realise i get 'offroad' and 'efficiency' modes, with the latter giving me 'E' type gearing and the Dynamic going straight to 'S' gearing when engaged.

steering changes were fairly noticeable too.

a nice little hack indeed

·
Registered
21 Posts
hi all

first timer here

i would like to see if i can have ADS on my Q5 3.0 tdi. It was registered in feb 2013 and i have had it for 7 months and loving it.

can anyone help me with this and recommend some in the Kent area. i have read that Richter sports can possibly do it £450.00.

thanks

john

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
What does "Offroad" mode do for you (the car that is
)?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Richter Sports are quoting £450.00 for a retrofit ADS. Can it be done for £45.00.
welcome to the forum - you are in good Q company.

ADS only a software hack (unless you really want the ADS button - but pressing 'CAR' has almost the safe effect. - 2 members of this forum kindly offered to do it for me (and others) for free so i think you would be daft to pay £45 (and absolutely insane to pay £450!).

get talking to an Audi enthusiast in Kent or London who can help you and save your money.

good luck.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Is there anyone in the north London / south herts area who could help me with this?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Would it be possible to enlarge the time on the MMI display using this principle as its pathetically small?

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
1,875 Posts
Would it be possible to enlarge the time on the MMI display using this principle as its pathetically small?
Should have gone to specsavers

Reactions: rifleman

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
1,875 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Offroad does absolutely nothing. Just a menu option which is non standard and pointless. I set mine up so it is identical to a factory install minus the button.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
795 Posts
This what does it do? What can you configure?
i was assuming it would have something to do with the differential? like a soft version of diff-lock perhaps? or allow the turbo to kick in earlier maybe?

i know my Q5 gets alot dirtier when i select it

Reactions: ?? SQ-BEAST ??

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Offroad does absolutely nothing. Just a menu option which is non standard and pointless. I set mine up so it is identical to a factory install minus the button.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
So it is an alternative to using the buttons to switch off ESP and switch on down hill assist??

·
Registered
236 Posts
Not that I could tell, it is not an option on factory fitted systems so I did not play a great deal but I could not see it doing anything at all when I made the coding changes.

I think you can have Race mode as an option which does nothing too if you like but I could be mixing it up with another Audi model, can't recall.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Not that I could tell, it is not an option on factory fitted systems so I did not play a great deal but I could not see it doing anything at all when I made the coding changes.

I think you can have Race mode as an option which does nothing too if you like but I could be mixing it up with another Audi model, can't recall.
Thanks for that - stops me getting jealous

You are correct about Race mode as an option: I read about these different modes on another Forum which was talking about MMI 3+; interestingly the very informative thread stated that you can only have 5 modes "activated", however, Rifleman seems to have 6

·
Registered
417 Posts
Are any of the settings better for slippery surfaces like snow?

Also, is there anyone who could help me with this in the north London area?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Are any of the settings better for slippery surfaces like snow?
According to the owner's manual, turning off ESC may be better for snow/loose surfaces etc

1 - 20 of 47 Posts