Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How frequently did / do you contact the audi dealership whilst your S/Q5 is on order?

I find that the only time I get told of any changes to build week is if I specifically ask them - I get the impression that since securing the order, the salesman is not too bothered about keeping me informed!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I got 2 emails from my salesman during my 3 month wait...

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Depends on the dealer and even your salesman... I specifically asked for them not to tell me unless there was something to say interesting - otherwise I'll just be reminded its many weeks away more often.

Interestingly my new Skoda order, the dealers standard practice is to send a weekly email update - given its on 20 something weeks lead I think I will do the same and ask for monthly updates.

·
Still Game
4,617 Posts
I like to be kept informed and my contacts at Abz Audi are excellent. They tell me like it is, with no bullshit.

It works both ways, I don't bug them with spurious requests. They know when I ask for a quote, I am looking to buy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting - its probably tough to know what the customer wants initially but would have appreciated a regular email update - it would be great to have some kind of online order tracking tool so I could find out the latest without seeming desperate!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Lol, i think its a not a case of ignoring you post deposit - but more like i have nothing to say or tell you!!!
what is it people expect from a dealer? a bi weekly call to say nothing has changed? or an email every 12hours? at times thats the impression we give.

The simple fact is nothing much happens - you get a build week, the build week goes confirmed (4 weeks prior) the car is made, car hits the port, car hits the UK and car lands at the dealer - the rest is all waiting. Never had an issue with my dealer, lets me know as things change.

Remember the audi system is not real time, its batched, updates happen on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Snow man - you are right, you don't need an email telling you that they have nothing to tell you! I didn't realise that the data they see isn't live, I can at least just limit my update requests to twice a week now...

·
Registered
768 Posts
I got speedy responses from my salesman, but otherwise no contact from him until car arrived at Aberdeen Audi. No different from any other non Audi dealer that I've dealt with in Aberdeen.

·
Still Game
4,617 Posts
Snow man - you are right, you don't need an email telling you that they have nothing to tell you! I didn't realise that the data they see isn't live, I can at least just limit my update requests to twice a week now...
I appreciate that you are anxious to get your new car but there is no point in asking for bi-weekly
updates. The dealer will tell you as and when they are notified of a confirmed build date for your car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Missile - completly agree, was just joking.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I don't recall my dealer initiating any contact and often failing to get back to me even when I leave messages.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Completely disagree. I want (and have been given) regular updates. It helps put your mind at ease. Even if there isn't an update, I like to know that the salesman is trying his all to keep me informed. That is what separates the good salesmen from the poor ones, keeping customer informed and setting expectations.

·
Registered
273 Posts
This sounds familiar! Are you getting yours from Glasgow or Edinburgh? Either way, Lomond aren't great at Customer Service.
Edinburgh - I'll be happy if they get the spec right on Saturday! I've seen a steady deterioration over last 5 years.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I was emailed a screen shot each time my order progressed so felt very well informed on its progress.

Reactions: Rowanlaw
1 - 16 of 16 Posts