Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Does anyone have an e-mail address for a reliable contact at Audi who can give me some answers. I would like to know why the memory seats on my new Q5 don't work from the key fob as they did with my previous car. I am getting nowhere with my dealership or Audi customer services.
Much appreciated.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I totally agree with the OP and its great you are investigating it.

Can't understand why anyone woud think this is the correct way for the memory seat to work, why should you have to open the door and wait for the seat to move. Every other car I had moved the seat once it received the signal from the key fob that the memory is linked to, thus by the time you open the door the seat is in position and ready to go. Am I missing something Snowman?

One other thing I can never understand is why the interior mirror does not have memory position. The external mirrors move to memory but you still need to manually move the interior mirror.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I was only going on thats how it worked on the last Audi i had.
I'm not saying its right wrong or indifferent... What other makers do doesnt really matter at the end of the day.

What did the dealer say? and what does the manual say?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Guys Thanks for your input.,
The dealer acknowledges there has been a change but doesn't know why. They have passed on a query to Audi and I am awaiting a reply. My previous Q5 memory seats activated as soon as I pressed the key fob. When I, or my wife, got to the car, the seats were already configured. Now I have to stand and wait from when I open the door until the seats have re-aligned. When I demonstrated to the dealer it was raining stair-rods and the technicians agreed it seemed ridiculous as we stood in the rain waiting for the seats to move back. I would not have paid for this feature knowing it now functions this way.
I'll see what Audi Germany come back with.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Also if you get in when the seat is still moving and press the ignition button then the seat stops moving and only reaches the correct position if you hold down the button on the door. In this respect BMW have a much better system.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll relay any information that comes back from Audi.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Snow Man. The video shows how it works now but not how my previous two Q5s operated from the key fob. Audi acknowledged the change and are trying to determine, from Germany, why the change was made.

·
Registered
952 Posts
That video isn't what the issue is. Currently when you open the door the seat moves without needing to touch any buttons, the point is that we would like the seat to move once the unlock button is pressed when walking up to the car so the seat is already in position when the door is opened.

Reactions: Rowanlaw

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Had word back from Audi yesterday who had finally received a reply from Germany. They claim that there has been no change to the Memory Seat function and it should work as it previously did i.e.. the seats should be activated on pressing the key fob as you approach the car. I am therefore now pursuing a 'fault' with the system with my dealership.
Audi are sending out an e-mail to confirm this but it will take a week as it requires to be 'vetted' ???

·
Registered
952 Posts
That sounds interesting. Please keep me up to date on that as mine also has this fault and its pretty annoying.

More annoying though is the wife's GTD that does not have electric seats and they aren't even an option!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Had word back from Audi yesterday who had finally received a reply from Germany. They claim that there has been no change to the Memory Seat function and it should work as it previously did i.e.. the seats should be activated on pressing the key fob as you approach the car. I am therefore now pursuing a 'fault' with the system with my dealership.
Audi are sending out an e-mail to confirm this but it will take a week as it requires to be 'vetted' ???
Checked mine today and only work by pressing the memory button on the door.
Checked MMI and it does show key enabled, the manual states it shows driver seat in the menu but mine doesn't.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Determined to bottom this one out. My wife is a totally different size/shape/height to me and it seems ridiculous that every time I use the car after her that I have to stand waiting with the door open for the seats to adjust when previously the key fob activated the procedure. At least Audi agree with me now. I'll keep you posted.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update Re. Memory Seats,
After chasing Audi UK up for several weeks only to receive promises of an e-mail that never arrived I was finally informed today that:-
Audi Germany claim there has been no change and the memory seats should work from the key fob as before.
However,
Audi Uk claim that there has been a change and that's just the way it is!"
He accepted Audi were giving me mixed messages but refused to give me a contact for his line manager.
The quest continues!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Apparently the function to activate memory seats, from a distance, using the key-fob,has been removed as it was a safety issue! Apparently, if one driver was seated and the other key was activated it could result in injury!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts