Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Q5 45 TFSI Quattro Vorsprung
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just some basic understanding please.Counting down the days to collecting my 2021 Audi. Moving from Merc GLC whose equivalent to connect was Mercedes Me. Mercedes me services were un bundled and quite simple -the only part I purchased after warranty expired was ongoing live traffic updates to enable dynamic Sat nav to avoid hold ups.
i’ll Have to get my head round a massive number of features which will be easier when I get the car on Monday but was wondering whilst waiting! :
If you didnt pay the £141 per year for connect ( which I guess I will to get full benefit )do you lose the use of the Audi cockpit map? I assume you would lose voice messaging,Alexa integration and what other things as well?
How does using Waze or Apple Maps on one screen and I assume Google maps on the cockpit work together (plus I assume the HUD works off the Google maps)
Using Waze or Apple maps or anything else via connected phone I assume doesn’t use data allowance?
Is it only via using Connect I would get dynamic routing ?-via Google maps?
Do all three services provide POI’s , recent selected routes etc?
Sorry about the questions but as a newbie with the car salesman saying all you need is Apple car play and forget the rest-it all gets a tad confusing!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cheers Missile -so I won’t get it on my approved used and would have to buy it upfront?Grateful to know what I would miss out on if I don’t have it as need to discuss with dealer on collection. Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that.
I need to find out from dealer when my Connect licence expires.
So according to link it’s parking info/fuel pricing/weather info ( all not necessary imo )and Google earth with poi.
Can’t see whether messages/WhatsApp/Alexa impacted
Back to the questions -do you lose map on Audi cockpit without subscription? What happens with HUD without Map subscription and do Waze or Apple maps provide viable alternative (without dynamic routing I guess?)
Dont want to remove benefits which are integral to enjoying the experience of upgraded technology, but at the same time appreciate in the real world some of the features are minor bells and whistles.

·
Still Game
5,138 Posts
I don't have virtual cockpit, so cannot advise. I can confirm Audi maps do continue to work, but obviously without live updates.

You might want to suck it and see. You can always add connect later. In the overall scheme, £141 is not a lot of money.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Understood but thanks anyway. It helps to be inquisitive and informed before engaging with dealer handover. It seems odd to earmark a big slug of money for a car ..then be looking at best petrol prices on a car display etc knowing that with my annual mileage it won’t make much difference. I am moving from diesel to petrol and I doubt if it will cost more than an additional £100 per annum. Car insurance is going to drop a few pounds which surprised me. The only ouch was moving from £135 to £521 car tax…but as you say in the overall scheme of things…

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Although Audi Connect was not discussed by the dealership throughout my approved used purchasing process, I put a call in last night to the MyAudi 24 /7 support line 08002792884.
This was transferred to an agent in Greece who very quickly asked for the Vin number.
Within a minute he confirmed my vehicle will have 18 mths subcription left on Audi connect (exp 5/24). My understanding is that all recent UK cars will have 3 years Audi connect subscription from new , but that is not necessarily the case everywhere ,so it’s down to what was specced originally/previously as to what licence period remains when buying used.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts