Audi Q5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Audi connect has now expired, does anyone know how to renew these licenses, and how much it costs to renew them. Is it done through the dealer?

·
Registered
472 Posts
My Audi connect has now expired, does anyone know how to renew these licenses, and how much it costs to renew them. Is it done through the dealer?
Ring Audi CS and unless anything has changed in the last couple of months you'll get a years extension for free as there is no way to charge you ????????

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ring Audi CS and unless anything has changed in the last couple of months you’ll get a years extension for free as there is no way to charge you í ½í±í ¼í¿¼
Will give this a go thanks

·
Registered
953 Posts
I’ve written in a previous thread how my Audi connect expired and I got it renewed for another 12 months. Rather than ring C/S I was on Audi UKs website and a little box appeared asking if I needed help with any enquiry in live chat. I wrote that I thought I would have got more than 3 months trial considering the cost of the car. The guy asked if I was enjoying the car etc etc. Of course I said yes not mentioning the brake pedal issue lol. After a bit of light hearted banter he asked if it was ok to extend my trial by another 12 months and asked for my reg number. Of course I said yes and he did. It took a few days to re - activate but I wasn’t complaining. Try the website and see if a live chat box appears, it may save you a call. If I remember, a few forum members got theirs extended by doing the live chat. Best of luck.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've written in a previous thread how my Audi connect expired and I got it renewed for another 12 months. Rather than ring C/S I was on Audi UKs website and a little box appeared asking if I needed help with any enquiry in live chat. I wrote that I thought I would have got more than 3 months trial considering the cost of the car. The guy asked if I was enjoying the car etc etc. Of course I said yes not mentioning the brake pedal issue lol. After a bit of light hearted banter he asked if it was ok to extend my trial by another 12 months and asked for my reg number. Of course I said yes and he did. It took a few days to re - activate but I wasn't complaining. Try the website and see if a live chat box appears, it may save you a call. If I remember, a few forum members got theirs extended by doing the live chat. Best of luck.
Thank you for the advice - much appreciated, I rang Audi CS yesterday evening and the person said he would arrange for the licenses to be extended for a further year. He said this may take up to three weeks so will hope all goes well, thanks again.

·
Banned
323 Posts
On 30th July 2018 I took delivery of a 67 plate ( Registered 9th Nov 2017) S Line TFSI with 3926 miles on the clock, that was an ex management car. The next day after registering it on the Audi connect site, I downloaded the myAudi app to my Android phone and saw all my details in the app. Within 24 hours, I received an email message saying that the car was removed from my profile on the site. They (Audi customer services) did not know why.

The next day, whilst sitting in the showroom in Audi Oxford, we made contact with a guy in Customer Services, who is heavily involved with the site (the expert we were told) and he advises, they are changing over to a completely new system and it is very very slow and they are sorting bugs out. My q5 was now registered on the new site. This is most probably where the 3 weeks mentioned above by the previous poster (skiman) comes from because they have a back log of vehicles to put on the new site.

Coincidentally, at that point I changed over to my new private plate and they put it on the system and it is now working fine. It appears because it was a management vehicle it came with 3 years Audi Connect.

Also it appears that they are giving extensions to Audi Connect free whilst they are changing over from the old system to a new one, so anyone having a problem is well advised to ring them and get a free extension.

It is worth noting at this point, that I cannot log onto the site, but I can see everything on the App that is linked to the site and to the car. I can see all my details including the cars accessories. I use it all the time using the app to go to different destinations that show in myAudi Contacts.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Audi extended my Audi connect for free last year I think, a message popped up today about renewing it, has anyone any info on this as I cannot seem to log in to myaudi to get a price ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Had to contact Audi UK about this today. Gave them my car (Q5) Reg number & VIN and they have passed it on to the Connect Licence renewal team to reinstate it for 12 months complimentary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have just bought my first sq5 on a 15 plate is it worth downloading this? Mine doesn't have the usual interface that you would expect in an Audi Im not really bothered but if there was a way of getting it without costing the earth id be interested.

·
Registered
205 Posts
My Audi Connect licence has expired, spoke to Audi and now have to renew via app on phone, which has to be connected via MMI and a user code on the original plastic fob that came with keys. TBH I lost the will to live speaking to Audi trying to find out how much the subscription is now going to cost, does anybody have any idea what they charge for these services to renew ?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thanks AllanG most appreciated, I don't think I will bother paying a fortune for this subscription especially as the Google earth overlay on the Sat Nav is being discontinued, if my subscription was still current would not be happy losing this function.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I would tend to agree with you PRT, and I would've been in the same position as you had I not recently sold my Q5. Luckily, it's replacement, a used 2020 model Macan, has the ability to view the Google Earth overlay, so long may this continue

·
Registered
429 Posts
Yes, it's an 'S' model......originally I was intent on getting the 2.0 litre version, as that was the model I test drove, however, when looking for one, my S came on the market at a Porsche dealer, and the spec was pretty much what I was looking for and, after a bit of negotiation, the price was right, so I bought it!

I must say that the V6 3.0 litre engine is lovely, with far more low down torque than the 2.0 litre, plus it sounds more muscular!
Whilst I did really like my Q5, I wanted to change it before the depreciation hit hard and, as there wasn't anything in the Audi range I fancied, I started to look elsewhere.....F-Pace, E-Pace, Evoque, Velar, GLC, X3M, Macan....and the Macan came out on top for me, so I thought let's go for it lol!
However, if Audi bring out an updated Q5 in the future, then I may come back into the fold!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I haven't used my car for a month and Google Earth stopped working. Had this response from Customer Services:
After checking, we can confirm that Google Earth is no longer compatible with our Audi Connect system and once the licence has expired the feature would be defunct. We appreciate that this is not ideal, however, as Google are a 3rd party, we have no control over the use of their services and we sincerely apologise for any disappointment this causes. That being said, we can confirm that there is an alternative service available for some models via a software update and to confirm that your system is compatible, the best thing for us to do is to get you in touch with the Service Team at your local Audi Centre who'll be more than happy to check your vehicle and provide further advice. Would you like us to locate your nearest Centre and provide some contact details?
I have asked if there is a charge for the update but been told that's something for the Audi service centre to advise.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Had a call from the Audi garage. They are going to run a software update that will extend the licence until December next year FOC. They are potentially looking at another service provider and will advise when known.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Had the update done today and first impressions are that it's better than the plain maps but not as good as Google Earth overlay.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Had the update done today and first impressions are that it's better than the plain maps but not as good as Google Earth overlay.
What update, and how? Why are they not Google Maps like before?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts