Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi All,

I registered my GiffGaff Sim Card and successfully installed in the dash. Everything seems to be correct but so far I have not been able to access any of the services.

Just keep getting messages as follows:

'The Query is being started please wait'

then

'The data connection could not be opened. Please try again later'

or

'Your traffic data license is being checked. Please wait'

Anyone got any ideas where I'm going wrong?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
If you go to the Data Connection settings menu (it's somewhere in there!) and make sure it is set per;

Internet settings

APN - Access Point Name: giffgaff.com
Login - Username: giffgaff
Password: password
Proxy: leave blank
MCC: 234
MNC: 10

Source: http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Settings-for-your-device/Internet-and-MMS-settings-APN-guide/ta-p/3489121

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
José,
Again, many thanks,
Ive set that up and hopefully when I get a signal tomorrow it will kick in.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Jose,

Have you ever considered being an Audi salesman ?, I think you'd make a fortune !!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Jose,

Have you ever considered being an Audi salesman ?, I think you'd make a fortune !!
Haha! Not enough dollar in it, even if I was the best salesman!

I've done sales of tech stuff in the past (and my current job involves a lot of pre-sales tech support for the actual sales guys) - I enjoy making sure people get what works for them personally - the problem is, that is often not equal to what a 'salesman' could extract from the clients wallet. As such I make sure they get what they need, and then the sales guys sell them a load of extra stuff they don't need!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
he he I really am a Pre-Sales guy in IT Jose....just changing jobs, last day in the old one tomorrow....

Reactions: José

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
he he I really am a Pre-Sales guy in IT Jose....just changing jobs, last day in the old one tomorrow....
Ha ha! Best of luck in the new job

1 - 7 of 7 Posts