Audi Q5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have 2018 Q5 and had 3 years Audi connect licence which has now expired. They want £140 for a year to extend the licence.

I want to use my own sim to use all the services provided by Audi connect like traffic, satellite view, remote locking from phone app etc.

Audi is saying only way i can use these services is by buying extension from them and not by external sim.
I tried using my phone sim in the sim tray but it does not seem to work.

I want to know if its possible to use external sim for above services or do i have to pay extortionate price to Audi?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Audi updated my software to run the replacement to Google Earth overview (which isn't quite as good) and I am now three years and ten months into ownership without paying for a licence. Don't know why they are inconsistent in the way they apply this but I would certainly baulk at paying £140 for a year. If a sim option was a possibility I would go for that but otherwise I would probably just use my phone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anybody used Hemp before? I'm very keen to try some Vegan CBD Gummies for muscle cramps. Can someone recommend a good brand? I am presently contemplating JustCBD and ActivFit. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anybody used Hemp before? I'm very keen to try some Vegan CBD Gummies for muscle cramps. Can someone recommend a good brand? I am presently contemplating JustCBD and ActivFit. Thanks in advance
For cramps I can suggest somewhere for you to stick your hemp!

As for a SIM alternative to the internal SIM - I'd be very interested to find out what functionality is lost if you drop the Audi Connect subscription.
On my previous VW I could get Online POI ad Google Earth with a free 200M SIM from Three.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My 'free' 3 year subscription ended in March. As previously mentioned Audi wanted £140 for a year's subscription which is pretty steep. I bought my self a Three 12 GB pre loaded SIM data only and it works a treat. The SIM lasts up to 12 months or to whenever the data runs out, whichever comes first for £27.99. I now have all the previous Audi connect stuff as before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts