Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Ok, once again, a topic which has probably been discussed to death, but a couple of specific questions.

I'm just starting to lazily wonder whether to go for fixed payments for servicing/ maintenance (won't bother with the tyres)

I was trying to work out what you got, as a difference between just 'Service' at £18 p.m and Service and Maintenance at £26 p.m.

So I duly went to website and checked it out, and the answer it seems is 'Quite a lot !'

Such as 'other fluids' 'Braking system' 'cooling system' 'electrical system' etc etc, well you know what I mean..

Now my big, and probably very naive, question is...If I just took Service only,
and so presumably have to pay for all the other stuff for 3 years ...

What on earth is the 3 year warranty actually covering ????

I understand about fair wear and tear, I think, but why aren't all those various systems above covered by warranty for 1st 3 years? surely they must be??

Next question, is it generally a good deal ? or do most people just pay as you go ?

There also seems to be two distinct service plans , one which would seem to cost twice as much as other, i.e at either 9,000 miles/1 year, or 19,000 miles/ 2 years... what's the catch with that? we all know a service is basically a £350 oil change and get the official stamp, so why pay to do it twice if can be done once ???

A lot of random questions there, but any advice and/or experiences relating to any of them..much appreciated as always !!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Good questions, but unless a service or/and maintenance package is clearly a bargain (eg £500 for 3 years etc), I always just go for pay as you go.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I would imagine the difference would be their definition of 'the braking system' 'the cooling system' 'the electrical system'.
The maintenance will cover the wearable items of these systems that are not covered by the warranty. i.e

The Braking System - Pads, Discs, Shoes, Cables, Fluid
The Cooling System - Antifreeze, Piping, Clips, Flush
The Electrical System - Batteries, fuses, bulbs

That would be my understanding of the cover.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've attached the full t&c's that I got when I did my plan.

It really is swings and roundabouts. For me personally, I went with the plan as I will do a high mileage, keep the car for 4 years and it makes my monthly budgeting much easier.

A typical service seems to be around the £300 mark......... You need to carefully work out the cost, and factor in a price increase or two over the life of the plan. I remember on my Skoda, I managed to lock the maintenance costs in at the reduced 15% VAT rate - happy days for me!!!

I guess any chance that the plan would not have to payout Audi will grab..............

Justin

View attachment Audi_Complete_terms_and_conditions.pdf

Attachments

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok,
Thanks to all for the advice and download

·
Banned
11 Posts
As a follow up to this I went for the Service and Maintenance package and was told that it would cover all items required under the service schedule including all fluids. Just had my first service today and they charged me £82.33 for topping up the Adblue. Now this IS a service item and I was previously was told that Adblue was covered but the dealer says Audi finance refused to pay for this. I protested strongly and took my copy of the contract when I picked the car up which clearly shows, in my view, that it should be covered because it is on the service sheet and is not one of the exclusions. They phoned Audi Finance whilst I was there but they refused to back down and I had to pay before I took the car away which I did under protest.

Any one else have experience of this?

·
Registered
30 Posts
That was one of my questions when I was looking into the package. The dealer advised that Adblue is not included in the package, there appeared to be too many not included items so I opted not to go for it especially when they quoted for 12000 miles per annum and the price nearly doubled.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Very easy on the maintenance; if you can afford it, just go for Audi WeCare; full coverage of every problem that might occur anywhere in Europe, including replacement car and travel expenses when you are abroad.

I didn't hesitate for a second to take this option since the absolute (very expensive) misery I had with my Porsche Cayenne.
Now, I pay 330 euro per month (this covers 225.000km) to drive 100% reassured. OK, if I run into trouble it will still be anoying, but it won't cost me a penny more.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
€330!!! Ouch! You do do insane mileage tho!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Interesting that Audi have refused to pay for AdBlue. As I said in my earlier post, any chance that they can avoid paying out, they will probably take.

When my car went in for it's first AdBlue refill (6 months ago) it was covered - be interesting to see what happens next week when it is booked in to be done again........ No way I'm going to pay Audi prices to refill the AdBlue tank, and the fact that they have paid before, says to me they should again.

FYI - I have the complete service, maintenance and tyres package for up to 4 years.

J

·
Registered
814 Posts
That was one of my questions when I was looking into the package. The dealer advised that Adblue is not included in the package, there appeared to be too many not included items so I opted not to go for it especially when they quoted for 12000 miles per annum and the price nearly doubled.
In the spec guide it quotes £18 pm for service, £26 for service maintenance
So is this just some misleading guide, or if you do 1000 miles per year or something?

It all seems too vague, and I still cant work out why all that maintenance is not covered in warranty, as its for first 3 years of a new car.
Why is roadside assistance deemed as not covered in service only, when it states in brochure that every new car comes with 3 years complimentary roadside assist anyway

I see they have bodywork/paint protection too for a few hundred quid, but then they have to determine if each chip in your paint is more or less than 1.5mm in diameter and each scratch less than 10cm, anyone have this ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
In the spec guide it quotes £18 pm for service, £26 for service maintenance
So is this just some misleading guide, or if you do 1000 miles per year or something?
The £18 per month is based on 10000 miles per annum, it goes up steeply thereafter

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The £18 per month is based on 10000 miles per annum, it goes up steeply thereafter
yes, thanks, i took out the sales and spec guide, yet again, to check

So assuming its say 9.000 miles per year, for which Audi recommend yearly fixed service scheme, the £18 should cover 3 services.
Which sounds not bad, and £26 for 3 services, all maintenance and first MOT, which sounds not bad also...

Where's the catch ??

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
£648 for 3 years servicing. Paid much less than that for servicing during my previous four years Q5 ownership.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
£648 for 3 years servicing. Paid much less than that for servicing during my previous four years Q5 ownership.
At the Audi dealership ?
thought indvidual services were well over £300, and that was last year, so how'd you manage it ??

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
Prices may have increased?
My first service (at two years) was less than £200 as was my second and MOT was included for free.

·
Banned
842 Posts
As a follow up to this I went for the Service and Maintenance package and was told that it would cover all items required under the service schedule including all fluids. Just had my first service today and they charged me £82.33 for topping up the Adblue. Now this IS a service item and I was previously was told that Adblue was covered but the dealer says Audi finance refused to pay for this. I protested strongly and took my copy of the contract when I picked the car up which clearly shows, in my view, that it should be covered because it is on the service sheet and is not one of the exclusions. They phoned Audi Finance whilst I was there but they refused to back down and I had to pay before I took the car away which I did under protest.

Any one else have experience of this?
My local dealer tops up my Adblue for free and makes me a coffee while I wait and have a nosey round the show room.

Reactions: Regandcuths

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Prices may have increased?
My first service (at two years) was less than £200 as was my second and MOT was included for free.
Ok thanks,
Well on that basis, £648 could well be reasonable, as a guaranteed figure for years 2015-17 inclusive
IF that definiely includes the full 3 sevices, which I will check on.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Morning all - has anyone come across what the Q5 servicing costs are? The only prices I can find on the Audi site are for 3 years or older models? It has an Interim service at £159 and a full service at £309, surely during 3 years the max you need is 1 full and 2 interim?

I've been quoted for Service and Maintenance and was leaning towards the pay as I go route (I'll be about 8-10k pa mileage).

Also as a side note with tyres you can get them way cheaper away from Audi, is there any rationale for using their network?

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
The Audi service plan indicative pricing is at the back of the brochure, but the small print says 'ask for a quote'. My local dealer group is Listers.

When I had my A5 cab 2.0TDI I had one of Lister's own service plans, just covering routine servicing and it worked well. For some reason I didn't do the current SQ.

For the next SQ I'd like to get the routine servicing covered and I asked them for a quote when the current car was in for the 1st service on Tuesday this week. Rather uncharacteristically they were rather vague in their answer, reduced to 'we will let you know when you collect the next car, could be the Audi scheme or Listers own'. Curious response I thought.

I typically drive around 18,000 miles a year, so over a 3 year period would expect to need 3 services. Intermediates are circa £300 (so two of those) and one major service is usually circa £700, so £1300 for the three years.

Tyres are a definite consideration (circa £1000 a set) and having bought them at 12000 miles on the current SQ I'm also considering having a service plan with those included.

Maintenance plans typically include non service items like disks and pads.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts