Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that this is available to cover 3yrs and 30k miles @ £46/month. Total of £1656. As a full set of 20" tyres can cost up to £1400 it seems like a good deal if it includes all servicing too. What do folks think?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
My dealer suggested it wasn't worth it... But that may have been because he knows they make more out of you not buying it?
Also not sure if it is £46/month on an SQ5... Which may have affected his recommendation to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
£58/month for SQ5, total cost £2,088. So still seems worth it. Might talk to the dealer again about it as tyres alone its worth it as you say!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
What are the average service costs for the q5? I've just looked at the cost of a set of premium tyres (Dunlop, Michelin, Continential) and they're coming out at around £1k for 20inch wheels. I'd think that you'd get around 20k miles out of a set of tyres so it depends how much the service costs are over three years to see if this is worth it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I am in the same quandary.

I went for the full package on my TTR which had/has a very low mileage (6k after five years). Certainly not worth it if on variable service intervals so had computer set to fixed. In hindsight it was still not worth it, given the mileage.

I also run a 2.0TDI. With this, I did not bother to go for the service/tyre pack.

The SQ5 will be a totally new scenario. My mileage will be approximately 9k pa. Tyres and servicing will be more expensive, that is for sure!! Tyres are not likely to last as long either.

HELP ................. this is a difficult one!!!!

I am leaning towards keeping my money and funding expenditure myself as and when.

Interested in any further views on this topic.

ZED

·
Banned
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whilst looking at Q5 vs X3 I was surprised to see that Audi had no match for the BMW's 'Service Inclusive' which is a 5yr deal with MOT protection (excluding tyres) for a one-off £425.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I've also been looking at this...

Those numbers quoted in the Audi brochure assume a really low annual mileage - so @ 18,000 miles a year the monthly cost for an SQ5 with tyres and maintenance is over £100.

Audi servicing is expensive - and whilst technically one could get it done at independent (as long as they used Audi parts and did it to Audi specs) very few of us, myself included, would take the risk fearful of a tricky and unforseen warranty claim at some point in the future or not having a fulll dealer service history at tradein time.

Wanting some degree of choice over tyres (i.e. may get a 2nd set of wheels for winter) I'm going to get the routine sevicing done - maybe using the dealer's own service plan (Listers) or using Audi Complete - depending on pricing.

Footnote - just checked tyre prices using Event Tyres - the SQ5 uses 255/45 R 20 - the least expensive tyres are £209 a corner - so around £840 a set as an absolute minimum - probably more if replaced like for like.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts