Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have just come across this for Apple CarPLay on Audi cars as a retrofit.
I see it is Australia, but wondered if anyone had any experience of these in UK?; there are a few You tubes, but no info on how or where it might be possible; Audi dealer for eg????
(SQ5 Plus 2016, yep the older better BiTurbo Diesel variant)

http://www.naviplus....om-2009-to-2016

·
Registered
85 Posts
Looks interesting. I would definitely be interested if there was a UK based company that could provide this.

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have had apple car play in the last 3 cars................never ever used it, am I missing something good.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Depends if your an Apple user I suppose
A number of car manufacturers offer car play now, which is just apples connection system to cars and mirrors your iphone on the car screen.
Through Siri, Apple play, apps, maps & even Spotify become available but not through Siri
Not to everyone's taste though.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks interesting. I would definitely be interested if there was a UK based company that could provide this.
Anyone know of one searches all come up outside uk.
Maybe Audi could do a retro fit, mine is a 2016 SQ5 so expect all the hardware is there.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have had apple car play in the last 3 cars................never ever used it, am I missing something good.
I have it and in the last 2yrs or so of having it have used it minimally...

It has some plus points like being able to listen to and reply to txt via Siri but in all fairness that can wait.

The big bug bear I have is that once you're connected to CarPlay you lose the double Bluetooth connection so personal or work phone then is disconnected from MMI.

·
Registered
309 Posts

The big bug bear I have is that once you're connected to CarPlay you lose the double Bluetooth connection so personal or work phone then is disconnected from MMI.
So you can't have Carplay wired connection + second phone connected by Bluetooth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
482 Posts
So you can't have Carplay wired connection + second phone connected by Bluetooth?

Spot on...

Remember you only have second phone Bluetooth functionality if you have phone box option

·
Registered
309 Posts
Spot on...

Remember you only have second phone Bluetooth functionality if you have phone box option
Yes, ticked that option. OK so that means I'll have to inly use the phone I've plugged in via CP which is a bit more limiting than I'd like but not the end of the world.

Main reason CP is good is that when the Audi MMI starts getting long in the tooth, you can still use an up to date phone integration. Also since I have Virtual Cockpit, the passenger can plugin and mess around with CP without disturbing my NAV!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Main reason CP is good is that when the Audi MMI starts getting long in the tooth, you can still use an up to date phone integration. Also since I have Virtual Cockpit, the passenger can plugin and mess around with CP without disturbing my NAV!

There is that....

Also funny listening to Siri read out your text messages etc when there is emojis used ☺

·
Registered
88 Posts
Spot on...

Hi Nemo. Apple CP via USB doesn’t work in my car, I’ve tried swapping USB cables etc but not a sausage. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hi Nemo. Apple CP via USB doesn’t work in my car, I’ve tried swapping USB cables etc but not a sausage. Any suggestions?
Hey Singhy - how are you, HNY!

Is the MMI still showing Audi Smartphone Interface? You haven’t lost that have you?

Assuming it’s worked previously (same phone/same wire) connect up the phone and go in to Connection Settings and just see if it’s greyed out there under the Smartphone interface option.

When you put the usb cable in and the phone connected is the phone charging up at all? Have you got any other phone you can try to see whether it’s smartphone interface issue, wire, phone or USB connections?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts