Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, had my SQ5 for a few weeks now and would like to get a few mods done..

Can anyone recommend somewhere midlands based or close to midlands that would do the following mods.

Rear daytime LED running lights on constantly
Non dimming front LED's on indication
Turn up my B&O system up to the 6db setting
Needle sweep
Oil temp/lap timer
Extra MMI options
Alarm beep

Or is anyone on the forum (whos 100% confident doing it) local enough for me to travel to for beer tokens

Scott

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Also looking for someone down south...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
Have a look on Audi-Sport.net. You will find a list of Audi owners with VCDS throughout the UK, who are willing to help others.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Isn't needle sweep when the speedo and rev counter needles sweep from zero to max and back when the car starts?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Jose, I have Vagcom, if you want to make some changes. You are welcome to come along and we can see what we can do. Between Alton and Odiham in Hampshire, so probably an hour away from you.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Scott what can you tell us about the following mate

Rear daytime LED running lights on constantly:- didn't realise these weren't on?
Non dimming front LED's on indication :-didn't realise they dimmed ?
Turn up my B&O system up to the 6db setting :- i have B&O and think its seriously quite, whats its default db?
Extra MMI options :- what can be gained or accessed in the hidden options

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Thanks! Have PM'd you...

The needle sweep is default on the SQ5 anyway, most passengers have commented on it! Does look cool.

·
Registered
503 Posts
They dim for safety reasons so the indicators are more visible as the DRL's are so bright they make the indicators less visible, so personally I think its good they dim.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Hi All looking at this topic as Wilf as said does anyone know what the default B & O db setting is as i didnt realise it could be turned up !!, i find the SD cards and CD'S are louder than the B & O Help please need this mod !!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Keep those quad chrome tailpipes polished and you don't need rear daytime running lights lol

Reactions: Sward42

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hi All looking at this topic as Wilf as said does anyone know what the default B & O db setting is as i didnt realise it could be turned up !!, i find the SD cards and CD'S are louder than the B & O Help please need this mod !!
The radio sound is fine but the volume of the bluetooth connectivity to my Iphone's music is p155 poor. Also as previously posted the Gala just doesn't work, I'm constantly having to adjust the sound level (especially when the old woman is riding shot gun)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Scott what can you tell us about the following mate

Rear daytime LED running lights on constantly:- didn't realise these weren't on?
Turn up my B&O system up to the 6db setting :- i have B&O and think its seriously quite, whats its default db?
Extra MMI options :- what can be gained or accessed in the hidden options
You can set your rear LEDs (that only normally come on with your lights) to be on all the time like the fronts.
Most b&o come from factory with "no volume raising" and it can be changed to volume raising by 3 or 6 db so it's a bit louder.
Few things in the MMI like ambient interior light setting adjustment, battery level and some others I can't remember

Suppose yes the front drls dimming is a safety thing. Just personal preference for me as I don't like to see it on other audis i see lol.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Just had Audi Drive Select activated via vagcom and I can highly recommend it. Obviously no button on the dash but the system gives you the option to select "operate whilst moving code 5" so its fully adjustable through the MMI just like changing a radio.
PM me is you want the contact details for the chap who activated mine (Midlands)

Reactions: Stevejp

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Just had Audi Drive Select activated via vagcom and I can highly recommend it. Obviously no button on the dash but the system gives you the option to select "operate whilst moving code 5" so its fully adjustable through the MMI just like changing a radio.
PM me is you want the contact details for the chap who activated mine (Midlands)
I've not tried as I have the button... But are you saying you can't change the DS settings via MMI whilst moving unless this option is set? Seems odd considering you can enter a Nav dest on the move.
I wonder if its defaulted to true when DS is factory fitted, I'll give it a go tomo.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I've not tried as I have the button... But are you saying you can't change the DS settings via MMI whilst moving unless this option is set? Seems odd considering you can enter a Nav dest on the move.
I wonder if its defaulted to true when DS is factory fitted, I'll give it a go tomo.

In the settings you have to decide between code 1 which is "only adjust settings whilst stationary" and code 5 "adjust settings whilst moving"

1 - 20 of 23 Posts