Audi Q5 Forum banner

Any one ordered the armoured options?

6K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  ray.afzal 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Saw this the other day - all a bit mental!
I'm pretty sure there must be more before the video starts as to why the bike initially brakes hard in front of him in the first place causing the collision...

#3 ·
What the feck is going on here! Anyone know where filmed? Looks like latin America but not too sure...

#12 ·
Here is what was reported by BOSTON (CBS) - A Massachusetts man is paralyzed after a disturbing road Anal Intrusion incident in New York City that was caught on video.

The wife of Edwin Mieses tells WBZ-TV her husband is in a coma.

Police say the incident began Sunday when a driver of a Range Rover was suddenly surrounded on the West Side Highway in Manhattan by a group of motorcyclists on an annual ride to Times Square.

In the video recorded on a biker's helmet camera and later posted on YouTube, one of the bikers appears to nearly stop in front of the SUV on the highway and the two collided.

Some of the bikers, apparently angry over the collision, started to confront the driver and, at one point, started to slash his tires.

The driver, 33-year-old Alexian Lien, then barreled through three of the bikers to get away.

One of those bikers was Mieses. His wife, Dayana Mieses, says he had gotten off of his bike to help the injured biker who was hit in the initial collision.

"He went to help someone," Dayana told WBZ-TV Tuesday morning.

Some of the bikers caught up with Lien further down the highway and tried to open the driver's door but he escaped again.

But when he got off the highway and ended up stuck in city traffic, a couple of the bikers were able to pull him from the vehicle and attack.

Lien was beaten while his wife and 2-year-old daughter were inside the SUV. He sustained facial lacerations and bruises.

Lien will not be charged for his role, according to police.

The NYPD announced Monday that one person has been arrested in connection with the incident.

Christopher Cruz, 28, was charged with reckless endangerment, reckless menacing and endangering the welfare of a child.

Police also released a photo of two more bikers they're looking for.

The men are accused of taking off their helmets and smashing the SUV, before pulling the driver out and attacking him.

Dayana Mieses is now by her husband's side in a New York hospital and she is furious with Lien.

"This man needs to know he hurt someone," said Mieses. "That man paralyzed my husband. He needs to pay for what he did."

Mieses says her husband has injuries to his heart, lungs and ribs and that he is paralyzed from the waist down.

The couple has two children, ages 15 and 9.

Mieses works in studio engineering in the music business. Friends call him Jay Meezee. They've created a Facebook page for him. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-For-Jay-Meezee/411664345601619?fref=ts

"This is devastating," Yolanda Santiago, Edwin's mother, told WBZ-TV Tuesday. "All his ribs are fractured, his lungs are so badly bruised that he's still on a ventilator."

Santiago says if the SUV driver had just stopped, things likely would not have gotten out of hand. She doesn't understand why that driver has not been charged.

"It's not going to bring my son's legs back because he won't walk again," said Santiago. "But justice has to be served with this gentleman who did this to my son."

#9 ·
I did laugh out loud when I read yor comment windmill😄

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
snowman was asking if anyone had opted for armoured glass on their Q5 because my take on this situation is you can be minding your own and then next thing is...... Well as per the video

#11 ·
Truesay

#16 ·
IMHO no matter how amazing this Meises character may be to his wife, he was just as much to blame as the RR driver if not more. All this BS about him going to help and all is clearly not the case...just my opinion feel free to argue!

#17 ·
IMHO no matter how amazing this Meises character may be to his wife, he was just as much to blame as the RR driver if not more. All this BS about him going to help and all is clearly not the case ... just my opinion feel free to argue!
I feel sorry for all the people who were involved in this incident. I don't know enough to form any conclusions about who was at fault. You need to watch that video again dude. .....It seem clear to me that the RR knocked over one motorcyclist, then ran over Meises whilst he attempted to help the fallen rider. ............ The video does not show what led up to this incident.

#18 ·
Well the fact that range driver wasn't charged would suggest that his actions were of a save him and his family from 50 angry bikers,u can't blame the range man for not getting out,he would of got a pounding regardless of fault,with all that testosterone flying bout

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
I too have been annoyed when my progress has been delayed by bikers and cyclists riding slowly in a convoy, but I would never attempt to push my way through as Mr Lien appears to have done. That could be what started this incident? As you say Police have not charged him, so that may not be the cause. Mr Meises does look a bit like an extra from Sons of Anarchy, but to suggest he deserved to be run over is a bit OTT in my humble opinion. Whatever happened ............ I feel for everyone who was injured and wish then speedy recovery.

#19 ·
But yes missile you r rite, sad 4 any 1 injured,it would appear that the man in coma has come out worse than any 1 😞

#21 ·
I wasn't suggesting any 1 deserved any of wat happened ,I'm just saying most people ,if surrounded by 50+ people trying possibly harm you or yor family would indeed b on there toes,unfortunately a possible innocent man has had his life ruined,I guess unless we were there we will not no the exact truth behind the tragedy 😞

#23 ·
Actually as I was scrolling through websites looking for SQ5 grille's etc. I came across a company that can hook you up with bulletproof windows. Be sure to inbox me if you need and I will try and dig it out from history ;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.