Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Slightly off topic - I have got an Audi A6 on loan at the moment and collect my SQ5 on Sunday. The A6 is a nice enough car but why does it have to continuously beep to warn you of one thing after another. When you start the car it beeps to tell you the passenger air bag is on, it beeps constantly if you get out the car with the engine running which I need to do to open gates, let alone the expected beeping you get if you don't have your seatbelt on. For me when I am driving slowing down my track from my house to the public road its just a constant array of beeps of one tone or another - bloody annoying. I hope my SQ5 is not going to be the same? It does seem we are increasing being treated like idiots behind the wheel of modern cars where we need systems to do as much for us as possible like switching on head lights or wiping a windscreen because I am no longer deemed best placed to do it myself. Now I need to be warned I have left the engine running when I open the drivers door, because I must be too stupid to notice the rev counter or hear the tick over of the engine, so I need aloud warning beep to tell me instead. I wish some of these systems were at least optional and if you don't want it you can disable it in the car set up menu. Any way Friday afternoon rant over.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
The engine turns off when you open the door on the SQ5... So maybe more annoying from your point of view!?
The airbag beep does not exist though.

The sad truth is, the reality is a lot of the general public are idiots...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
101 Posts
The engine turns off when you open the door on the SQ5... So maybe more annoying from your point of view!?
The airbag beep does not exist though.

The sad truth is, the reality is a lot of the general public are idiots...

My engine does not turn off if I open the door with engine on- it beeps like crazy though. I have not done any mods och tweaking in VAGCOM and the car is completely stock. Strange if this setting varies between countries in Europe?
Should be added that I did put the gear selector in P.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
My engine does not turn off if I open the door with engine on- it beeps like crazy though. I have not done any mods och tweaking in VAGCOM and the car is completely stock. Strange if this setting varies between countries in Europe?
Should be added that I did put the gear selector in P.
My statement may only be true when using advanced key...

·
Banned
289 Posts
I think cars are adapted to local markets. I currently drive a UK Volvo. In UK spec it is possible to remove the key and leave the engine running, but it not possible to lock the car. With a colleague in Finland - same volvo - he was able to leave the engine running, lock the car and walk away. This is a useful feature in cold climates, and I guess it's a local adaptation. Sounds like Luke's (Stockholm) Audi may be a similar configuration.

·
Registered
40 Posts
btw- if you leave the door open and want to stop the beeps press the reset button underneeth the indicator stalk the same button you use to go through some of the menu's
Nice one thanks for that too, dose my head in all the beeping.

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
The other toggle switch at the end of the stalk will also cancel the beeping -easier to hit that when you're outside of the car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts