Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

sorry to start another topic on suspension, but i would be grateful for your comments on this.

I have just taken delivery of a new Q5 170 special edition s line tdi. I bought it via an internet broker, but through a pucker Audi dealer some 200 miles from me.

My initial thoughts are that the suspension is much softer than the same car i test drove almost a year ago (the order took 10 months to fulfill). I have now read that it was possible to request either the s line suspension or the standard suspension. I did neither as my dealer never told or asked me about this.

My questions are therefore as follows:

-If i wasnt asked and did not request, what set up is it lekely to have?
-is there a way i can verify what the set up is?
-Would i have a valid complaint against the dealer?
-Is it possible to make the change from standard to s line if required.

thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
1,046 Posts
Hi all,

sorry to start another topic on suspension, but i would be grateful for your comments on this.

I have just taken delivery of a new Q5 170 special edition s line tdi. I bought it via an internet broker, but through a pucker Audi dealer some 200 miles from me.

My initial thoughts are that the suspension is much softer than the same car i test drove almost a year ago (the order took 10 months to fulfill). I have now read that it was possible to request either the s line suspension or the standard suspension. I did neither as my dealer never told or asked me about this.

My questions are therefore as follows:

-If i wasnt asked and did not request, what set up is it lekely to have?
-is there a way i can verify what the set up is?
-Would i have a valid complaint against the dealer?
-Is it possible to make the change from standard to s line if required.

thanks in advance.
Hi Gazzastrip,
Welcome to the forum

if you didnt spec anything it will be standard.
there is a way will have to look back over the forum post there is a code that shows in the service book what is fitted but cant remember off the top of my head
we ordered ours with sports but came with standard salesman was a womble even tho i gave him the correct code's when the spec changed.it is possible to have the car modded to sports suspension,we where given the option if we didnt like the standard to have it changed but we didnt want a brand new car stripped apart.
on the plus side we are more than happy with the standard.if you have a Q5 brochure you will be able to find the code for sports I think the standard is bn,but not sure.

Rich

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Rich,

Just had a look in the service book and bedded in a lot of letter and digit codes is the code 1BV, so i assume it is set up with the sports suspension.

It feels pretty soft to me, so like others I wish I had selected the Drive Select option so I could change it myself.

Appreciate the quick response and help, wish i had found this forum before i bought the car, as it would have been very useful in deciding what add ons to get!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts