Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

First post on here.

I was wondering if anyone has bought one of these Bluetooth adaptors that plug into the AMI socket in the glovebox, i searched the forum and found a thread from 2010 and with the advances in tech i was hoping that new info may be available.
i currently have the MMI 3G basic and have the phonecall connected but would like the music playlist from my phone which is and galaxy s10.
Any info would be appreciated.

thanks
phil

·
Registered
184 Posts
Can't answer your direct question. In my glove box I have a six CD player and ipod connector. I bought an ipod. My phone music I downloaded onto the jukebox and two sd card.
You can also stream from your phone or at least I can.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The one from Audi stream was a waste of time and money. Decided to forget the Bluetooth option and hardwired to the mmi. Lead cost £7.99 on EBay and it works a treat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just to update on this in case anyone comes along like me wanting a solution. Got an audi q5 2012. You can search online for a video that tells you how to identify what media system your car has. Once you have done that you can then know for fairly sure which bluetooth devices will work in yours. Mine was an MMI 3g "low" or something- anyway I went with an Invery bluetooth adapter- I was nervous about if it would work so looked for a cheap one on ebay and was lucky enough to pick one up for £35. However, just plugged it in, paired it to my samsung galaxy s8 no problem and played some stuff through spotify. Sound was amazing (some kind soul has installed a subwoofer in my spare tyre space though!) Song title being played comes up on the system but not the next song, but you can flick onto the next or previous song from the steering wheel. Other apps like youtube etc also great sound. Phone calls also work as normal. The music comes on where you left off as the car starts (on spotify). Having now tried it, if I could afford it i would be happy to pay the full price of 80 or so pounds for this solution. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts