Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I have a noticed a small dent in the aluminium centre console trim on my Q5,does anyone know if this is repairable or does it require replacing and if so a rough cost from Audi ?
Thanks

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
The part is not expensive but fitting takes time which is expensive unless you DIY.

This topic has been discussed on several threads. I recall reading a detailed how to do it yourself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks my AUDIQ5 Master
I will maybe look at arranging a replacement of it when my next service is due. It's a small dent but as I'm sure you'll appreciate it's annoying me every time I get in the car !!!
Cheers

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
It seems to be a common problem, the Aluminium trim is very easily damaged. I had several dings in the trim on my old Q5 and it annoyed me too. I decided it was not worth the effort to replace mine.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I spotted the same this weekend

Along with a 2 inch scratch which runs on the near side rear quarter AND the rear passenger door

Weighing up a SMART repair....

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was after Spijun as he said he had a PDF on how to change out the part. He seems to have stopped his account as I cant send a PM either. I also put a thread on here about it. Recently I sourced a aluminium trim from ebay (brand new) for £25. Thinking of attempting the job. Mine is also full of dinks from previous owner. Its the only mark on the car, so fussy me wants it right.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I know this is a really old thread now, but thought I would let you know how I tackled this. After a few months I found a new trim on eBay for £25 that someone bought and did not fit it.
Then I found a company called Sat Nav Systems in Surbiton near London said they would fit the trim for £50+vat. They did a great job, took about 1hr 45mins. Highly recommend them, great outfit and they know there stuff!
Now I just need to keep it dent free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts