Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Im gutted picked up the new s line plus today at 2pm by 6pm scuffed the alloy. It was the back drivers. Never been bothered before but want to get is sorted as it will drive me mad. What is the best thing to do as never bothered before.
The scuff is not massive but I have looked on the internet and it is talking about painting the whole alloy ? Is this what needs to be done and will it match or look wrong.
Also when I have got home and looking at the alloy it already seems really dirty and if run finger over it you can already draw a line in the bust. Would this be because the dealer has just sprayed something on them to look nice and now dirty is sticking to it

·
Banned
842 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and sorry to hear your news! Your best bet would be to get a local repairer on recommendation to do the repair where are you based?

It all depends on how thoroughly detailed the car was prior to handover but it may have a wax on the wheels to stop the brake particles sticking. You can easily clean them with a good alloy wheel cleaner like wonder wheels.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have used Wicked Wheels in the past (Nationwide Franchise) - they can do a computerised colour match and are mobile. Depending on damage they may be able to do a localised repair - from memory, it is £45-65 per repair?

·
Registered
130 Posts
If you want it done properly the best place is Lepsons. Professional factory refurb, not man in a van with spray paint.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi Audi chelmsford rung my wife to check everything was ok with car and she told them what had happened. He has booked it in there for a repair monday £59 plus Vat

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ask Audi about the 3 year alloy wheel protection package. I picked my s-line plus up this month and paid a bit extra (!) for a guaranteed policy that you can get 10 incidents of alloy damaged repaired in 3 years free of charge as long as you claim within 14 days of damage. I guess you have the 20 inch alloys?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.