Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have, or know a source for, alloy wheel insurance? The site affiliated insurance broker is no longer able to supply it (thought it looked too good to be true!)

Thanks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Does anybody have, or know a source for, alloy wheel insurance? The site affiliated insurance broker is no longer able to supply it (thought it looked too good to be true!)

Thanks.
I got mine from the dealer FOC, most of them do it - I think the retail price is about ?250 for about ?1k of claims over 36 months! Reading the small print the max per claim is ?100 and a decent repair can be as much as ?200!

Hoggy

·
Registered
98 Posts
I got mine from the dealer FOC, most of them do it - I think the retail price is about ?250 for about ?1k of claims over 36 months! Reading the small print the max per claim is ?100 and a decent repair can be as much as ?200!

Hoggy
mine tried to charge me for it so good work by you

·
Registered
42 Posts
Have finally taken delivery of my SQ5, loving it so far but petrified of kerbs!

What's people's thoughts on tyre and alloy insurance? Anyone taken the dealers offering (seems steep to me) or taken it out through another insurer?

I didn't bother with my last A5, had 1 nail in tyre incident in 3 years and plenty of kerb damage to the rotor alloys which I never fixed.

The 21 Inch Alloys and the rather pricey tyres are making me wonder if it is worthwhile, thoughts?

·
Registered
124 Posts
3 of mine have scratches..... Not of my doing.... I just don't wash the car as often so the dirt hides them....

It's an associated risk with that size I suppose..... Not cheap to fix, so fix them when you sell it... Or always park it away from kerbs

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
706 Posts
Switch to 20's and you will worry less.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Had a puncture 2M into ownership, which cost more to replace, than 3Y of insurance premium. Now got to take it in to fix some gutter rush, courtesy of the misses. Quids in, and another 1.5Y of cover left.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just ordered a new Q5 and was offered alloy wheel protection by dealer. £149 for three years cover with a maximum of 18 claims ?

On the face of it this seems a reasonable offer. I have had some damage to 2 of mine in last two and half years but have not had them looked at yet. I have the 20" 5 spoke off road design which have a slightly grey finish to them. I seem to remember others having problems getting them re furbished due to the unusual colour tint.

So, anybody any experience with this insurance, good or bad, and can you really have up to 18 claims?

Anybody had any problems getting refurb on these 20" alloys?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi, I had it on my first Q5, and beloved wiped an alloy against a high kerb. Paid for itself right there. So I took it out on this one...just in case.
J

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi, I had it on my first Q5, and beloved wiped an alloy against a high kerb. Paid for itself right there. So I took it out on this one...just in case.
J
Thanks Jan

Are the details I quoted correct ?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yes, I paid £149 but I had standard 5 spoke alloys. Got prettier ones now..!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looks very good value - i am sure my local dealer was quoting more than this.

·
Registered
27 Posts
£149 and 18 claims? Seems too good to be true as you're looking at least a £50 smart repair for a small kerb repair, not even mentioning diamond cut wheels.

My other half is reverse parking multiple times a day, if I was offered this insurance at that price I would have taken their arm off, 6 months in and 2 wheels have been done already.

·
Registered
221 Posts
£149 and 18 claims? Seems too good to be true as you're looking at least a £50 smart repair for a small kerb repair, not even mentioning diamond cut wheels.

My other half is reverse parking multiple times a day, if I was offered this insurance at that price I would have taken their arm off, 6 months in and 2 wheels have been done already.
My thoughts exactly, think ill take them up on the offer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Evening all

A quick question for you - has anyone taken out or looked into alloy and tyre insurance?

At the rate my wife curbs my alloys, I feel a package of some description would certainly be worth it.

Currently - audi are offering me the following:

Ø 3 year tyre cover, accidental and malicious damage, up to 5 tyres covered - £449
Ø 3 year Alloy Wheel policy, 18 claims throughout the policy, if cosmetic repaid not possible it will pay out £150 towards a replacement wheel - £299
Ø Tyre and alloy cover - £649

Thoughts welcome

·
Registered
37 Posts
Evening all

A quick question for you - has anyone taken out or looked into alloy and tyre insurance?

At the rate my wife curbs my alloys, I feel a package of some description would certainly be worth it.

Currently - audi are offering me the following:

Ø 3 year tyre cover, accidental and malicious damage, up to 5 tyres covered - £449
Ø 3 year Alloy Wheel policy, 18 claims throughout the policy, if cosmetic repaid not possible it will pay out £150 towards a replacement wheel - £299
Ø Tyre and alloy cover - £649

Thoughts welcome
I've just taken Tyre and Alloy cover a few days ago and it only cost me £449.00 . That was from the Audi dealer.

·
Registered
795 Posts
my Audi dealer (Wimbledon) said they cannot offer it at all for some bizarre reason.

·
Registered
37 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts