Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about to order a Sline plus, but trying to figure out whether I should go for the alcantara which gets the contrasting stiching on the seats and the door handles (which looks the business) or whether to stick to the nappa leather.

Does anyone who has the alcantara comment on their choice.

·
Still Game
4,615 Posts
I had 1/2 Alcantara on my last Q5 and I find it more comfortable than full leather which I have on my SQ5. Alcantara is warmer in winter and cooler in summer. You might find full leather is worth more come trade in?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Missile, do you mean the other way round. Warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer which is why we were thinking that it would be a good choice.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had Alcantara on my last car, and have Nappa on this. I agree with Missile (assuming he had it the wrong way round). Nappa looks really good, but I am concerned that, as others have said, it stretches after a time. Alcantara mix doesn't do this. But I bought a stock car, as impatient!!!!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jadewo, By mix, do you mean nappa on the side bolsters and alcantara on the base of the seat and centre of the back. This is what I saw and liked.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yes, sorry, I should have been clearer!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have alcantara on mine and love it. I've had leather on previous cars and have been disappointed after a couple of years that the leather starts to stretch and scuff and look tired, I'm hoping that these seats will still look like new come trade in time which will actually add value. The contrast stitching on seats and armrests looks great and the seats themselves are very comfortable. I've had nothing but positive comments from people about the interior.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you everybody. That's settled. Alcantara it is.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Liquid leather is like a miracle in a bottle for Audi seats. That said, had we not ordered an SQ5 we would probably have gone for Alcantara

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi all anyone know the main differences between perforated and nappa leather.i chose alcantara option for sept14 delivery but now in 2 minds, could just be due to the waiting:(

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
You made the right choice with Alcantara, especially if you spec'd an interior light pack too.

Alcantara is cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, wears more gracefully too. It's perforated and under the perforations is a reflective silver material that makes the seats sparkle, looks amazing at night too.

Nappa is nice but soon gets shiny and has a tendency to go baggy too.

If Audi had offered Alcantara on the SQ I'd have ordered it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You made the right choice with Alcantara, especially if you spec'd an interior light pack too.

Alcantara is cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, wears more gracefully too. It's perforated and under the perforations is a reflective silver material that makes the seats sparkle, looks amazing at night too.

Nappa is nice but soon gets shiny and has a tendency to go baggy too.

If Audi had offered Alcantara on the SQ I'd have ordered it.
Gr8 to hear thanks for the feedback.will stick to my guns

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Having chosen the alcantara, I have to say that it looks great, feels great and is very classy.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Having chosen the alcantara, I have to say that it looks great, feels great and is very classy.
+1

I opted for alcantara after much deliberation and I haven't regretted It one second ...

Leather Is overated IMHO..

My two previous cars had leather but I much prefer alcantara...just looks and feels a class above..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks all for confirming. Car is now in build week so too late to change. Audi west london mentioned they'll most likely offer a midnight service . countdown begun:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had alcantara in my A5 cab but could not spec it in my S5 cab.
If I could have speced it in my SQ5 I would have too, I much prefer the alcantara.

You have made the right choice.

·
Banned
489 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Great choice with alcantara!! I have alcantara in my SQ5 and absolutely love it. My car is one year old now and the seats looks like brand new. That would definetly not have been th case with full leather seats.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts