Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been contacted by the garage that supplied their Q5 after 23 months saying that the air con needs a service ?
It,s the first time in 40yrs of owning cars from new that this has happened, The fee is £75 and I feel it is a way of providing additional work for the garage.I always leave my aircon working and have been told in the past it can give problems if left off for long periods of time.

·
Super Moderator
1,046 Posts
you are correct in the thinking that leaving the a/c off long term can give problems.the reason is when the a/c is on the oil in the a/c system keeps all of the seals and gaskets gas tight,but when off they can dry out and the gas can seep out.As for needing a service if it's working then dont touch it lol.Some times you can get a stale type smell and this mainly happens when the a/c is on re-circ and there is no fresh air to "clean" the coil,this can be easily sorted as many car parts shops sell a deodoriser that will get rid of it.

Rich

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information often wondered why it was better to keep the aircon on.I think I will give this local dealer a miss in future not the first time I,ve had problems with them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts