Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week I have taken delivery of my Audi Q5 S-Line Special Ed which comes with B&O sound, I am very happy with the car and I can see why people are moving from Q7, RX and ML to get a Q5, I've done 120 miles and the diesel gauge hasn't even moved. Anyway, the B&O sound is very good, the clarity of sound is excellent, far better than the B&O was in my A5 cab where space was limited. B&O is a little quieter than the standard 10 speaker system though and I really enjoy my music at the highest possible volume, I would like to remove the sub from the boot and install an aftermarket sub and amp to give the system a real kick, has anyone got any experience of this? The leads are exposed and there is already a power feed in the boot for the 12v socket so hopefully this is reasonably easy to do. I may even install some 12x9's in the parcel shelf fed off the new amp if this is possible.

I'll be headed to an aftermarket firm I know next week but wondered if anyone had done this or whether it is possible?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Without spending some top money, you will destroy the many hours gone into developing the B&O system,
My business (one of them) involves in car entertainment, a few years ago we built a demo car for ESPL, High quality high level, we spent almost 2 years and over 12k doing this,

I think adding extra speakers would imbalance the system, maybe you could upgrade the sub, but i wouldn't go any further,

I would first look into taking any limiters from the system, not sure how far vag com will get into it,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts