Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spoke to the dealer today and been told the new spec is including stop/start and its including towbar prep( well I think that's what he said). He said its going to have standard supsension on the S line with the hardened sespension as a free optional extra.
He also said the 2011 spec is starting build wk 21, our cars been brought forward from expected Aug/Sept delivery to wk 20 build, so it looks like we're missing out on the lower road tax and better fuel ecconomy.

Is there anyway we can get our car put back a week so we get new spec?
Gonna speak to sales manager tomorrow to see what he says

Any ideas would be appreciated

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
1,047 Posts
Spoke to the dealer today and been told the new spec is including stop/start and its including towbar prep( well I think that's what he said). He said its going to have standard supsension on the S line with the hardened sespension as a free optional extra.
He also said the 2011 spec is starting build wk 21, our cars been brought forward from expected Aug/Sept delivery to wk 20 build, so it looks like we're missing out on the lower road tax and better fuel ecconomy.

Is there anyway we can get our car put back a week so we get new spec?
Gonna speak to sales manager tomorrow to see what he says

Any ideas would be appreciated

Cheers
Any news from your dealer?

·
Registered
1 Posts
According to the Audi Germany (audi.de - Configurator), the start/stop system is, for the moment available only for 2.0 TDI & TFSI with manual shift. These are Euro 5, while s-tronic 2.0 TDI is still Euro 4.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No not spoke to dealer yet, hopefully I'll get chance to call him in a bit.

The stop start is only going on the 2.0 TDI which is what we've ordered.

I'll kepp ya posted

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We now know our options, we can either lump it and put up with Audi bringing the car forward 10 wks or we can order another one but wait till around November for it. I can't say I'm happy having to pay the extra tax and the extra showroom tax.

My worry is whether the higher tax band will make the car depreciate more in value.

·
Super Moderator
1,047 Posts
We now know our options, we can either lump it and put up with Audi bringing the car forward 10 wks or we can order another one but wait till around November for it. I can't say I'm happy having to pay the extra tax and the extra showroom tax.

My worry is whether the higher tax band will make the car depreciate more in value.
Personally i dont think it will make a lot of difference as after the first year/showroom tax is paid it doesnt amount to that much.i wish they would bring mine forward 10 weeks!!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello Matt1232,

If the production is planned for W20, how the delivery can be for W31 to 39 ?

There is at least 11Weeks between the production and the delivery ?

Thomas

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello Matt1232,

If the production is planned for W20, how the delivery can be for W31 to 39 ?

There is at least 11Weeks between the production and the delivery ?

Thomas
We were originally told when we ordered the car it would be with us Aug/Sept but we weren't given a build week then, we were told all production up to June was full so it would definately be the 2011 spec that we'll be getting, this was said in Jan when we ordered.

When then got a flyer from the dealer saying the cars been confirmed and after speaking to them the car is being built week 20(which is 2010 spec) with expected delivery to us around mid June ish. Dealer says it takes around 4 weeks from build date to arrive to customer.

So Audi have brought the delivery of the car forward from Aug/Sept to mid June, which is approx 10 wks.

Hope thats clears it up.

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
1,047 Posts
Yes thats clear thank you.

By the way there is no major improvement in the 2011 release.

Thomas
I have ordered a q5 s-line diesel spec edition s-tronic,so i think the only thing i will gain is the acoustic glass and a bag for the roof bars,would rather have the car earlier

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have ordered a q5 s-line diesel spec edition s-tronic,so i think the only thing i will gain is the acoustic glass and a bag for the roof bars,would rather have the car earlier
Should be picking mine up on Friday - Woo hoo !!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts