Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

We are almost ready to order our new Q5 but would like opinion on options.

We are going for a Ibis White 2.0 manual 170 TDI S-Line Special Edition with the following options;

Tech Pack High
Black Styling Pack
Collapsible Spare Wheel
Reversible Boot Mat
LED Interior Pack
Heated front seats
Cruise Control

Maybe...
S Line Sport Suspension
Privacy Glass

Would be interested in peoples opinion of the options particularly the light pack and the boot mat.

Also what is the difference in ride from the standard to sports suspension? (I'm coming from a focus ST so used to sports suspension)

Thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Light pack is worth it. Boot mat not - it just gets in the way.

As for suspension I ordered the standard and find it perfectly acceptable in the twisty bits.

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really I've got a German Shepard and a Collie so don't want them scratching the paint!!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I'd pass on the black pack, the silver looks classier.
Storage pack is worth thinking about - you get cup holders in the rear too.
Leather Arm rests are something i wish id added - cant believe on a car of this cost, its an extra.

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Snowman. What about the privacy glass? Are the windows tinted as standard?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think privacy glass is a must on a car of this class.

Not sure about sports suspension - we also have an S Line Special Edition, with 20" rims on and i've found it's firm enough and doesn't roll in corner's.

Ibis white does look better (IMO) with black styling pack. Don't think it looks as good on other colours however.

The light pack gives you illuminated vanity mirror and illuminated footwell - nice to have especially with S Line black interior.

Think about parking camera - we had one on a loan Q7, but didn't order it on our Q5, and now wish we had.

Good luck with purchase.

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think privacy glass is a must on a car of this class.

Not sure about sports suspension - we also have an S Line Special Edition, with 20" rims on and i've found it's firm enough and doesn't roll in corner's.

Ibis white does look better (IMO) with black styling pack. Don't think it looks as good on other colours however.

The light pack gives you illuminated vanity mirror and illuminated footwell - nice to have especially with S Line black interior.

Think about parking camera - we had one on a loan Q7, but didn't order it on our Q5, and now wish we had.

Good luck with purchase.
Thanks for that, definately like the black styling pack with the Ibis White, like you say dont think we'd bother with any other cover. Test drove an S Line with the basic parking system and found it OK with the visual display, how much extra is the camera?

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you're ordering Tech pack high, then i think it's an extra £300 (ish).

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'd definitely give the Boot Mat a miss; I bought a boot liner off eBay for 20 quid and that's been just fine.

I have the interior lighting package and would buy it again. I wouldn't lose any sleep if you don't order the reversing camera, I don't find it as useful as I thought I would.

I got the Rear Bench Seat option and I think that was a waste of money. I just don't find myself ever using it.

I know it's expensive, but the panoramic sunroof is awesome, especially at the moment. That's probably my favourite extra on the car.

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd definitely give the Boot Mat a miss; I bought a boot liner off eBay for 20 quid and that's been just fine.

I have the interior lighting package and would buy it again. I wouldn't lose any sleep if you don't order the reversing camera, I don't find it as useful as I thought I would.

I got the Rear Bench Seat option and I think that was a waste of money. I just don't find myself ever using it.

I know it's expensive, but the panoramic sunroof is awesome, especially at the moment. That's probably my favourite extra on the car.
Would love the panoramic sunroof but budget cant quite stretch that far. Plus the Mrs has a CC so we have that for the few nice days we have. Would rather a big comfy 4x4 with heated seats for the colder days!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Thanks Snowman. What about the privacy glass? Are the windows tinted as standard?
They have the light green tint, but i like the look of the privacy glass on white.
When she collected ours, the dealer had two cars parked just about next to each other, both white, one with black pack and no tints, the other was ours white with tints and no black back and IMO that was by far a much better looking car (again IMO). You lost shape with the black pack and the roof rails and grill just looked daft being all black.

LED pack is good.

Def go for high if you are getting nav, the res on the low one is not that good.

Options we ordered i wouldn't get again
Sun visor
Options id get if i was ordering again, but we didn't order the first time
Climate cup
3 Zone climate
B&O
Options id consider if i was ordering again but we didn't order the first time:-
folding mirrors
SEdition pack, but with the other 20" wheels not the TT-S like ones

Its all subjective, no matter what you order you'll be thinking i should have had x or y in 6 months.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Definetly get the light pack and the storage pack..... and tell the dealer to throw those in for free as it is ridiculous on a car of this value not to have a locking glove box or illuminated vanity mirrors ( which you only get with these packs).
The privacy glass is a must in my opinion with your colour/black pack combination. ( I have the same, so I would say that
)
If you have young kids or a baby if would also recommend the rear blinds to block out the sun even more and they are only £100 extra. Stay clear of the boot mat, its useless. Rather order a plastic boot tray/liner from the accessories brochure.
The sunroof is one of my favourite bits of the car... (so light and airy) but if you can't stretch to it and you haven't had a Q5 with one ... you probably won't miss it.
Don't forget the bluetooth option for your phone!!! Also the electric door mirrors are a must!!!
I am ordering a new Q5 soon (2012 facelifted model) and will order the side assist. This car has serious blind spots and I have nearly sideswiped someone several times.

Make sure you get a big discount of at least 7% and when the dealer thinks you are going to shake his hand and he has a deal say you need the climate control thrown in too...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Reversible boot mat. We have 2 setters and the drop down flap on the mat makes the entry and exit of enthusiastic dogs straightforward. The top of the bumper is very glossy and succeptible to claw scratches, the boot mat prevents this.
We have the reversing camera which makes hitching up the caravan a dream but if you are not towing then probably an extravigance!

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't forget the bluetooth option for your phone!!! Also the electric door mirrors are a must!!!
I am ordering a new Q5 soon (2012 facelifted model) and will order the side assist. This car has serious blind spots and I have nearly sideswiped someone several times.

Make sure you get a big discount of at least 7% and when the dealer thinks you are going to shake his hand and he has a deal say you need the climate control thrown in too...
Bluetooth is included in the S Line SE so I'm covered there. The electric and heated door mirrors are now standard on the standard spec upwards so I'm covered there as well.

When is the facelift available to order?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the 3.0d S-line Spec Ed. Be aware the basic electric seat option is great BUT there is no memory function on this one, a real pain if there are 2 or more drivers of the car. The memory function is tied in with the electric FOLDING mirror option. Or atleast it was when I ordered a year ago.

I find the reversing camera brilliant for reversing on the road to parallel park and I never need a second attempt to the wife's annoyance!

Panoramic roof is fantastic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My mistake on the bluetooth. You will find the "standard" door mirrors are not electrically folding wich is very handy.

There has been a lot of debate on this forum as to the timing of the facelifts. I believe the A5 will come out in December, the A4 in February and the Q5 in May. I have asked my dealer to place me on top of his order list for the facelifted model. If it comes out in May they will start taking orders in February.

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There has been a lot of debate on this forum as to the timing of the facelifts. I believe the A5 will come out in December, the A4 in February and the Q5 in May. I have asked my dealer to place me on top of his order list for the facelifted model. If it comes out in May they will start taking orders in February.
How concrete is this as if I order now I'll be looking at January delivery is it worth waiting for the facelift?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
its not, simply put.
A5 change will come next year, but nothing was listed or known for the Q5.

Face lifts generally come out on a MY change, next one (MY12) is WK22 - which would mean w/e June 3, 2012

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Panoramic Sunroof is excellent as is the camera on the Advanced Parking System. The Advanced Key option is very nice if you can run to it, together with the Homelink if you have powered garage doors.

I have the Sports Suspension and 20" wheels and I love it - don't find it the least bit harsh and the handling is first class. There is a level of protection for your bumper with the boot mat and and the lighting pack is a nice to have. I do think the privacy glass sets the car off - I have the Ibis White and the dark glass is a nice contrast.

It's difficult to know where to stop but I'm sure with the spec you have that you will be well pleased.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts