Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having problems with the keyless entry in that i can not open any doors now using with the keyless entry. It still works for the boot and to start/stop the car but i need to press the unlock button now on the key fob to get in. Anyone else have this proble? I did a quick google and found that it was most likely the sensor(s) and that if one goes, the whole set would need to be changed. So i took it to the dealers for a check but they said that I'd need to change all the door handles which would be £750 inc painting/fitting!

What do you think?

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
Do you have same problem with both keys? Is your car out of warranty?

I have heard that Audi UK will sometimes bear the cost for out of warranty claims for the first owner. Your dealer ought to contact them for you, if not it may be worth contacting them yourself.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, its the same with both keys so i reckon it must be to do with the sensors.
Unfortunately its out of warranty and i'm the 2nd owner…….would it be worth me getting extended warranty now and then get them to fix it under that, maybe taking to another dealership? Or will they be wise to that now its been looked at by them?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am pretty sure what you describe is the sensor. Mine went 3 days before the warranty ran out so I was quite fortunate. I think the sensor is in the door handle as it only affected one side of the car. As you say the boot and stop start were fine. I am not sure how much it was to replace but the dealer did the work in one day no problem. I am pretty sure the handle was not changed on the internal component as the door handle and lock were the same. I hope this helps.

·
Banned
801 Posts
Having problems with the keyless entry in that i can not open any doors now using with the keyless entry. It still works for the boot and to start/stop the car but i need to press the unlock button now on the key fob to get in. Anyone else have this proble? I did a quick google and found that it was most likely the sensor(s) and that if one goes, the whole set would need to be changed. So i took it to the dealers for a check but they said that I'd need to change all the door handles which would be £750 inc painting/fitting!

What do you think?
Change dealers,

Only modify sensor inside in the door handle, the door of those which do not work. Do not change the entire door handle, only sensor

The price for the sensor 66 EUR and + replacement

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Change dealers,

Only modify sensor inside in the door handle, the door of those which do not work. Do not change the entire door handle, only sensor

The price for the sensor 66 EUR and + replacement
Yeah, that's what I thought. Why would you need to change all the handles, seems excessive to say the least. Will definitely ring up another dealership and see what they have to say.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's great, thanks!
I've changed door handles on my old Range Rover Sport before and the method looks pretty similar so I'd be happy to give it a go. But I need to know do I need to change all 4 sensors or just the faulty one and the others will work when the faulty one is replaced? If so, how do I know which one is the faulty one when all doors are currently not working with the advanced key?

·
Banned
801 Posts
That's great, thanks!
I've changed door handles on my old Range Rover Sport before and the method looks pretty similar so I'd be happy to give it a go. But I need to know do I need to change all 4 sensors or just the faulty one and the others will work when the faulty one is replaced? If so, how do I know which one is the faulty one when all doors are currently not working with the advanced key?
Please check your settings:
- Car
- Central locking
- In the Unlocking single door menu set OFF

Then try to open the front passenger door, if you can open the door - sensor works

I have a procedure for replacing the sensor in PDF form, if you need to contact me by PM.
I cannot attach here because of limits

Reactions: Tangy and stevie_s

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
hey spijun, i tried to pm you but it says you cannot use the messaging system?
Spijun is banned as he is a troll...
He's on all the Audi forums and has some useful input but is more pain than help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts