Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2011 Q5 without Sat Nav.

Is it possible to add sat nav by getting an SD card with the audi maps on, or is this not possible?

Delaer definetly told me it was possible with the Q3, not sure about the Q5.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Not possible. Regular Audi radios are not like some aftermarket units running Windows CE or Android that can use external application from SD card. Also in proper MMI unit SD card is only used to update maps or firmware, but all supporting hardware is already in place... Frankly speaking I'm surprised with you dealer statement... I'd rather vote for possibility to use SD for maps upgrades on Q3 as well, but I do not know this new system in details.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Q3 had a HDD sat nav option and also a SD card option, they said you could add the SD card later as all the hardware is built in. The dash has two sd card slots.

My Q5 only has the one slot.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Nav can be added to the new Q3 / A3 range as they use new technology, it's not possible on the Q5 though I'm afraid as it's still using older tech.

·
Registered
289 Posts
It varies by VAG group product which may have confused your dealer. It's not possible on current Q5 models to run Sat Nav from an SD card.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts