Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read in previous posts that adblue is added to the 2.0 diesel engine. Does this apply to the 2014 model and does it also apply to the 3.0ltr diesel.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi shabazmo I had a 11 plate 2.0 S line special edtion that had adblue. Now have a 13 plate 3.0 S line plus and I'm happy to report that doesn't.

I don't think you need to worry, I don't think yours will either.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Reactions: Ransman

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think all the 2.0 litre diesel 177PS Q5s have it. I also read somewhere that the first fill should last about 18,000 miles. A warning light should also come on with about 1500 miles to go.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I seem to have missed that complication on my 3 litre tdi model (as far as I can see).

·
Registered
103 Posts
My old 3.0TDi A5 didn't have it either although my colleague's Q7 which was the same age did which seemed odd to us both.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think all the 2.0 litre diesel 177PS Q5s have it. I also read somewhere that the first fill should last about 18,000 miles. A warning light should also come on with about 1500 miles to go.
My Q5 needed the adblue refilling at about 14000 miles. Dealer said that this was average.

You are indeed correct in saying that you get a warning at 1500 miles. I do seem to recall reading in another forum that you should never let it run out, else the car will not allow you to turn the engine on............

J

·
Banned
842 Posts
My Q5 needed the adblue refilling at about 14000 miles. Dealer said that this was average.

You are indeed correct in saying that you get a warning at 1500 miles. I do seem to recall reading in another forum that you should never let it run out, else the car will not allow you to turn the engine on............

J
Spot on.

I have managed to get two fills for free when perusing at local Audi garages :)

·
Banned
25 Posts
Its only about £2 Ltr. and available all over the place. Most petrol stations sell it. Often 5ltr containers outside with the BQ briquettes? Small funnel and top it up? Just something else to lower particulates and emissions. Think about the long service intervals? Nothing really to worry about.

Engines are now designed to wear out with minimum maintenance. Lots of bits, bobs and cogs all made of plastic, all need replacing together to maintain a high mileage. Eventually makes them uneconomic, fair number of cars need the whole front end dismantled to get to the parts. When all the bolts and threads are rusted in? Who will take them on? Water pumps driven by cam belts and not fan belts. Not accidental! Fuel additives are really nothing to worry about in the scheme of thing?

·
Banned
489 Posts
Mine has it. I was worried after reading horror stories about damage caused by leakages.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts