Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Picked up my car yesterday...........very nice. Just a couple of negatives to begin with. For a start I think the brushed aluminium finish will probably pick up all sorts of scratches and such like. The lower door material is made in pretty cheap looking plastic. Apart from this its an Audi!!

But to more serious matters. I notice that there is a filler cap next to the diesel cap for a solution called ADBlue which needs to be added to keep done nasty things getting into the environment which probably helps to keep down toxic levels and saved me £10 on my road tax at £170 over a non ADBlue car which would have cost £180 or so. Can anyone give me advice on when I can expect to add this stuff (I know the computer will tell me) but roughly at what intervals should I expect. Would also like to know where is the best place to buy this stuff and how much does it cost. The salesman also advised me that each month or so I should give the car a 'nice run' for 20-30 miles in order to keep a Dual Filter happy and safeguard against malfunction which is not covered under the warranty.

Appreciate any details on the above from members who have been down this road already.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Take heed of his advice !! The truth is id much rather pay higher road tax than have a dpf and adblue system on my car but thats not going to happen !! Ive already had adblue ssues on mine
Take your car out 1 a month minimum for a good 20-30 mile motorway drive. I actually do mine at least once every 2 weeks. If you dont you WILL have problems and very expensive problems and as he said "not covered under warranty"

im impressed he actually warned you about it to be fair , most of the cars that come into my workshop with dpf issues ( at least one a day at present) the owners have no idea there even fitted to their vehicles and how to manage them.

Watch the general switch to petrol over the next 5 years ;-)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi
Picked up my new 2.0Tdi from Bristol Audi yesterday.
Expected to find it used ADBlue, but was told that Audi have stopped fitting the system. I can't say I was disappointed after hearing the adverse comments.

·
Registered
503 Posts
So how come mine has it, build date 01/13

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine 2.0TDi has it too, build 01/13

·
Registered
140 Posts
Can anyone confirm audi have stopped fitting the Adblue system ? ...ive got a new one on order and ill be over the moon if theres no adblue system.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I heard somewhere that is fitted only to 170/177bhp version of 2.0l engine, not to 143bhp one, which on its own has low emission of CO2...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Picked up a new 177 from Aberdeen Audi on Monday, and only opened the fuel flap today after reading these posts to check if it has ad blue. It has, but can't say I am too concerned about it. It certainly would not have stopped me buying the Q5. Great car, and rides very well on the 20 inch rims

·
Registered
221 Posts
Picked mine up saturday. 2,ltr TDI 177 with Adblue

·
Registered
25 Posts
Apologies for misleading.
I stated I was told by the salesman that my vehicle did not have ADBlue.
I have just opened the fuel flap to find that it DOES have an ADBlue filling point.
Sorry again.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Apologies for misleading.
I stated I was told by the salesman that my vehicle did not have ADBlue.
I have just opened the fuel flap to find that it DOES have an ADBlue filling point.
Sorry again.
LOL - that got a few people hoping! :)

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hi Cruiser,
I'm amazed that Audi would expect you to pay for this work on a car thats less than 3 years old. The salesmen did in fact say that in all his time at the dealership he has only seen one car come back which was a very low mileage vehicle. Surprised you are seeing so many at your place what age are these cars generally?

·
Registered
503 Posts
I think it would be a good idea if the DIS had a setting you could go to which would show the percentage % fill of the DPF, then you could take it for its needed run before any warning lights came on.

Reactions: Ransman

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Grandduc, Sorry think i may have confused you slighty. Nearly all the vehicles i see are out of manufactures warranty or have been refused warranty at the dealerships. This is not an Audi only issue by any means its more a system fault and the system is fitted to all new diesel vehicles with very few exceptions regardless of make.

We have so many issues with the system, mainly with people who dont know their vehicle has a particulate filter fitted or people who just dont drive their vehicles in the right way, or use cheap non low ash oil.

I can see the manufacturers point of view to be honest, if the car is driven correctly and theres no other issues with the engine etc they tend to behave themselves thats why the warranty excludes them. most dealerships will carry out 1 regeneration process for free after that they normally charge.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've just got a new 2.0 tdi 177 and picked it up end of Feb. No Adblue filler next to the fuel filler! I'm even more confused now!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts