Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Q5 45 TFSI Quattro Vorsprung
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another silly question from a prospective owner. Adaptive headlights will be new to me and looking forward to some benefit over standard headlights. I understand they reduce dazzle for oncoming traffic. The silly question is-do you still have to switch between full/main beam or does the car take care of everything in the dark? What can I expect in this regard?
thanks.

·
Registered
2021 Audi Q5 S line 50 tfsie with Comfort & Sound pack and Panoramic Sunroof
41 Posts
Hi and welcome.

I did raise some initial concerns over the adaptive headlights in another post as I initially thought mine weren’t working properly first time I used them. I didn’t realise that on an unlit road the light symbol in the instrument cluster stays blue even when cars are approaching. So when it didn’t change I panicked and tried to switch to dipped beam but instead all I did was disable the auto lights and ended up dazzling the drivers approaching me!

After a trip back to the dealer thinking they were faulty for a check and assurances they were working perfectly I braved another night trip and, resisting touching the headlight stalk when a car approached, they worked perfectly. Now that I have confidence in them they are great. So, yes I would just make sure you have everything set to Auto and enjoy the technology. It works!

·
Premium Member
Q5 55 tfsi e Competition, all boxes ticked, Navarra Blue
324 Posts
Leave everything in auto and be amazed by the technology. It not only works with vehicles coming towards you but if you are following vehicles. I call it shape shifter technology.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts