Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I bought a wonderful audi q5 just less than 3 months ago from BMW mini dealer. Driving perfect and really enjoy the car

last week a emission light come on the dash, i checked everything ( Seem to be okay, i have a diagnostic machine that reset the light)

someone on the forum suggusted topping it up with ad blue, bit strange it comes with no dip stick, so father in law put in 2/3 of a 10 litre bottle (bought from Euro car parts,suggested to us)

now today my other half got in the car and this came up on the dash (see attached). how do i get rid of this message? some forum suggust the ad blue tank is 21 litres but i dont want to over fill it.

Audi dealer suggusted a regeneration run, but i youtube this and it seems just to drive at a higher rpm for 15 mins ?

if any one could help me this evening that would be great, before i fold and contact audi to have a look at it, as the dealers i bought it off dont know if its a warranty issue!!

thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
You need to fill the adblue tank and it needs to be driven I think it's in the hand book. Or if you are in the AA call them out as they can reset the adblue system .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahhhh i didnt think of the aa to reset it excellent. so how much can i fill the adblue system by?? until i see it as there is no dip stick

·
Registered
92 Posts
ahhhh i didnt think of the aa to reset it excellent. so how much can i fill the adblue system by?? until i see it as there is no dip stick
It takes over 20lts so as long as you have got the right fitting adblue bottle it will stop filling once full

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
right topped up to the top with adblue, went for 40mins drive at 4000rpm most of the time too, and tried to reset the adblue warning. but still is showing exactly the same. any other ideas???

·
Registered
92 Posts
right topped up to the top with adblue, went for 40mins drive at 4000rpm most of the time too, and tried to reset the adblue warning. but still is showing exactly the same. any other ideas???
It needs reset . P,m me if you want me to try reset. Or if you member of the AA call them . As when it drops to 0 miles it will not restart

1 - 6 of 6 Posts