Audi Q5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having seen the thread about net partitions I'm wondering if anybody else like me assumed certain standards on a ?34000 car and maybe didn't study the brochure closely enough before ordering (fair really given that when the MY changed Audi dealers had no idea what was in the brochure!)

I'm surprised to see in the accessories brochure things like roof bars (aren't these standard on all models?), Ipod cables (do I have to pay for these after paying ?250 for AMI?) and more besides. Things I missed in the brochure are that it seems Audi now make the only luxury premium badge cars without vanity mirror lights and glove box lights!! I won't have a spare wheel and the net partition, standard on my A4 Avants, is also an option. I know it's my fault but really, I look for options, not ostensibly standard equipment!!

So, given Audi will want a fortune for these items as parts, have any of you who've had your cars for a while found good aftermarket suppliers producing products for the Q5? Or had any success with good prices at dealerships?

Alternatively, given that dealers don't reflect most options in px prices, are there any lucky Q5 owners who are now getting to replacing their cars and would like maybe to start a thread on here to sell of their dealer accessories???

..... If only I'd spent 7 months researching the car instead of 7 months waiting for a build date......... still waiting for confirmed build.....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi mate
I also accidently left the "interior lighting package" off my tick it list, which also means we jump out the car into unlit puddles as well!! and you should see where the lipstick ends up in the dark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did have a surprise in my car though - the roof bars were supplied as standard as some of the others on here have also found. I think they have an electrical connection to the ecu so the car knows when it may be "top heavy"

still a great car though - worth the wait
kc

·
Registered
47 Posts
I agree, the dealers a a bit of a shables in my experience, ordered my march, still waiting for a build date, dealer not sure, maybe november, i also had issues with what were standard and not,

Bloody long wait, although saw a q5 today
, keeps me calm, ha ha

·
Registered
55 Posts
Robbie,
I picked up my Q5 on 1 September and it came complete with roof bars (complete with storage case) - I thought they were standard? I agree about the expected 'missing' items, a decent interior light package should be standard IMO. AMI includes the iPod cable, though I had to advise my dealer that they weren't in the car. Something I found frustrating was the lack of dealer knowledge and pointers re options. Thank goodness for online forums, eh

The wait is truly frustrating but I'm sure it will be worth it - have you contacted Audi UK re delivery date?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Robbie,
I picked up my Q5 on 1 September and it came complete with roof bars (complete with storage case) - I thought they were standard? I agree about the expected 'missing' items, a decent interior light package should be standard IMO. AMI includes the iPod cable, though I had to advise my dealer that they weren't in the car. Something I found frustrating was the lack of dealer knowledge and pointers re options. Thank goodness for online forums, eh

The wait is truly frustrating but I'm sure it will be worth it - have you contacted Audi UK re delivery date?
My dealer have had a change of leadership and are making good efforts to keep me happy so currently I'm not too grumpy - except for the delay giving me so much time to find out all these irritating omissions! Hopefully the smile when it's delivered will make everything else disappear!

Thanks for the answers all, yes I thought roof bars were standard too, perhaps they weren't originally?? The biggest annoyance is the light package - I mean this is what you expect on a ?7000 cheap runaround! Has anybody had lights fitted post delivery?

·
Registered
963 Posts
I wouldn't have minded some of the nets for storage and the storage hooks at various points. But I didn't order the storage pack because I didn't want the storage nets on the back of the front seats. So had to do without all because of that.

So I've bought a load net of eBay.....hope it fits ok

Sadly not seen any of the other storage stuff on eBay.

If you want a build date and the Dealer is not playing ball.....ring Audi UK. Phone number for Customer services is on the web site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts