Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am about to purchase an 2010 Audi Q5 S-line Stronic (privately) but before I part with the hard earned cash would like your thoughts:

1. Are you aware of any known faults with this model?

2. Any advice on buying privately, as don't usually go down this road but the seller seems genuine (you would expect him to be even if he wasn't).

Your thoughts and comments would be most appreciated.

Thanks

P.S. I am looking to secure the deal tomorrow so sorry for the short notice but only seen it today!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Hi Indi

As long as you do all the checks, hpi etc etc, check all docs and serial no.s tally up,make sure you get copy of owners driving licence or photo id just for your records and always buy from sellers house or address registered to v5 doc.
As for problems ive had 2 - 3ltr s-tronics the auto boxes have been spot on, that car your looking at should still be under warranty until next year so make sure its got an up to date audi service history and maintained well, if any doubts you could call the audi dealership where they purchased it from and where it had its most recent service.

all the best

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hi Indi, my advice is a as follows:

1. Get a premium HPI check with a certificate and insurance (about £20, don't go for the £4.99 ones as they don't do a proper HPI check) - if there is any outstanding finance on the car it belongs to the lender and could be repo'd from you even after you have bought it and registered it.

2. Call Audi, give then the reg number and they will be able to confirm any service history and also any advisory items from the last service.

3. Ask the seller for the original receipt, proving the car was purchased from the UK and has a 3 year warranty

4. Given that you are spending tens of thousands of pounds on a car I'd advise an AA/RAC check to ensure there are no marks, dents, scratches on the car as well as the state of the brakes, tyres etc. You don't need to go overboard with this as the Audi warranty will cover the mechanics but you don't want to buy a car and the next day realise the tyres are worn unevenly or its been hit from behind and fixed by Chips Away etc.

5. Pay by CHAPS transfer, this is almost instant and you will get a documented receipt for the transaction.

6. Take a copy of the sellers ID and make sure this matches the V5 doc

7. Ensure all items are provided with the car - wheel locking nut, service book, 3 Keys etc.

Hope the above helps!

·
Registered
71 Posts

1. Get a premium HPI check with a certificate and insurance (about £20, don't go for the £4.99 ones as they don't do a proper HPI check) - if there is any outstanding finance on the car it belongs to the lender and could be repo'd from you even after you have bought it and registered it.

2. Call Audi, give then the reg number and they will be able to confirm any service history and also any advisory items from the last service.

3. Ask the seller for the original receipt, proving the car was purchased from the UK and has a 3 year warranty

4. Given that you are spending tens of thousands of pounds on a car I'd advise an AA/RAC check to ensure there are no marks, dents, scratches on the car as well as the state of the brakes, tyres etc. You don't need to go overboard with this as the Audi warranty will cover the mechanics but you don't want to buy a car and the next day realise the tyres are worn unevenly or its been hit from behind and fixed by Chips Away etc.

5. Pay by CHAPS transfer, this is almost instant and you will get a documented receipt for the transaction.

7. Ensure all items are provided with the car - wheel locking nut, service book, 3 Keys etc.

Hope the above helps!
I like the wheel locking nut reminder, Kramer, Good thinking.

·
Banned
842 Posts
May be a bit late but have you seen the private sales section? - there's a car on there with an excellent spec...

·
Registered
240 Posts

Hope the above helps!
Also , don't forget the roof cross bars and fitting key.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts