Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys,

i just discovered this forum and it rocks!!

I am about to order my new AUDI Q5 2.0 TDI automatic and have a few questions still.

1.On colour there is a choice called tungsten grey which i think is a new one, do you know how the colour is exactly (is it like amethyst grey? grey with a purple shade?)

2. Do you know when the new hybrid 2.0 TFSI will launch? Will prices be similar to current models?

3. I am contemplating at the moment between SE model, lava grey, beige milano leather, and S-Line model(again lava grey, or daytona grey or tungsten grey if i undertstand how it looks) with sport alcantara seats with silver stiching. Opinions?

Extras will be in both cases: (xenon lights as extra for SE)
Parking System Plus
Spare wheel
Comfort pack
Interior Light pack

Cheers,

Telis

·
Super Moderator
1,046 Posts
guys,

I am about to order my new AUDI Q5 2.0 TDI automatic and have a few questions still.

1.On colour there is a choice called tungsten grey which i think is a new one, do you know how the colour is exactly (is it like amethyst grey? grey with a purple shade?)

2. Do you know when the new hybrid 2.0 TFSI will launch? Will prices be similar to current models?

3. I am contemplating at the moment between SE model, lava grey, beige milano leather, and S-Line model(again lava grey, or daytona grey or tungsten grey if i undertstand how it looks) with sport alcantara seats with silver stiching. Opinions?

Parking System Plus
Spare wheel
Comfort pack
Interior Light pack

Cheers,

Telis
Welcome to the forum telis,

Not too sure about the colours but i know the hybrid is going to be at the end of the year.I would personally go for the S-line but thats just personal choice.A good choice pf extras too.

Rich

·
Registered
166 Posts
I also wanted the SE when I first started looking, but went for the S-line as it had the things I wanted including the xenons and LED's.

In my opinion I prefer the s-line, especially having driven both...I think it looks far smarter.

Cheers
John

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the S-line with alcantara seats, very nice and quite warm in winter without the seat heaters on. The front and rear parking is a boom, very helpful when squeezing into tight spots, Suggest when you get your car you experiment with the parking assist against something that will not harm your car but will set off the bleeper (I used a soft hedge). Will give you an idea of how far off you are when you get the solid tone, really helpful when tight parking.

Good luck with your order!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have the plain black bog standard S Line Spec Ed sports seats and fine them great - heated back and front so great on the icy mornings ! One thing I will sayd is remember to order the spare wheel
and the electic lighting pack !

·
Registered
132 Posts
don't think you can get SE with Xenon / LED lights. Please let me know if you managed to order...
You can get SE with Xenon/LED lights.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I ordered Tungsten Grey on my Q5 as well. It is like dark grey with a purple shade indeed. I had seen one Q5 in this colour and really liked it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
guys,

Parking System Plus
Spare wheel
Comfort pack
Interior Light pack

Cheers,

Telis
What did you go for in the end telis?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What did you go for in the end telis?
Hey everyone,

Long time since i entered the forum, here is my feedback for my new AUDI Q5 2.0 TDI S-Line..

Ordered 1st Feb, car was ready 1st April!!! (Audi Watford).

On colour i finally went for lava grey (i found tungsten grey to be a bit too female...).

Got S-line pack- strongly recommend, especially the xenon and daytime led lights are a must for the beauty of the car.
Also got plain black alcantara perforated sport seats and am super happy, much happier than if i got the milano leather ones.

Extras i took were:

Parking System Plus
Spare wheel
Comfort pack
Interior Light pack
Hil Hold Assist

Regret for not getting electronically folding side mirrors, as parking spaces are quite tight at work/home. Does anyone know if i can fit them retrospectively?

I ve ordered today from audi shop the q5 kauchouk floor mats front and back as well as protection cover for the boot. If i did it again, i would have ordered all these accessories from the start.

P.S i am super happy with my new audi and think that it is much better than my other option that was the new X3. Having said that the only down side of my Q5 is the heavy steering wheel, which i need to get used to i guess. Fortunately my partner has her own car, as it would have been too hard for her...

Cheers ,

Telis

·
Registered
294 Posts
Sounds nice telis.

Had mine for 3 weeks now and am super happy too. Can't say I've noticed heavy steering though and the missus hasn't complained either.

Get some pics up - don't think I've seen one in Lava!

·
Registered
18 Posts
You will notice 'heavy' steering sometimes when the grip is such that the all wheel drive seems to 'drag' --- I don't mean that in a negative way, in fact, I like it in that it gives you good feedback...
that is the nature of all wheel drive... as all wheels are 'driven' and pulling at the same time on turns and the outside wheel is traveling 'further' around the circle...

it is even more noticeable, if you have only been in rear wheel drive cars thus far....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts