Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm about to buy a Q5 having tried all the competition but I'm still undecided regarding which fuel. I'm currently driving a 3L Diesel XF so I'm used to some performance. I only do 8,000 miles a year so I'm tempted by the TFSi, is 35mpg realistic? if so that's good enough for me.
My other question is whether its worthwhile getting the S-Line over the Sport, is there any noticeable difference between the 18" and 19" wheels?
I'd be interested to hear your views.
Cheers R

·
Registered
309 Posts
Don't own the 2.0T TFSI to know about fuel economy. 18" wheels really look tiny on this car. SLine gives you a bunch of additional spec over the Sport which I think is worth the extra cost...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
80 Posts
Don't own the 2.0T TFSI to know about fuel economy. 18" wheels really look tiny on this car. SLine gives you a bunch of additional spec over the Sport which I think is worth the extra cost...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
S Line gives you different spoilers and LED lights.
I'm averaging 28 mpg but it is winter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I personally couldn't justify the extra cost of the S-Line over the Sport for a few cosmetic tweaks, but each to their own.

I think 35mpg should be possible on the petrol if you don't do many short trips and drive economically. Trouble is, it's a sweet engine and you will be tempted to play :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
I drive a 2015 Q5 3.0 TDI with 19" wheels in the summer, 18" in winter. Although I rave about the 3.0L diesel engine's power, fuel-efficiency, and low fuel cost per mile, actual savings depend on the fuel costs in your locale, and how quickly you can break even on the premium you'll pay for the diesel engine. In my case, I live in Canada (where diesel costs about the same as regular gas, and often less). When I bought my car new, the diesel engine option was CAD$5,000 over the 2.0L I4. My forecasted break-even point is about 133,000 km (~82,500 miles), excluding residual costs. So considering I kept my last car 18 years, this engine was a good choice for me. At your 8,000 miles per year, it's likely not as good a decision, so the TFSI is likely your better choice.

I got the 19" wheels with the S-Line package primarily for the cosmetics. It just looks better. As for the ride difference, it's subtle. Definitely not "night and day" if you drive normally (not racing) on public streets. The 18" wheels give you a slightly more comfortable ride. When I switch between summer and winter tires, I feel the difference. A female friend who rides with me sometimes, doesn't.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Good choice of engine, Tricky66, same as I've got......don't think you'll be disappointed, except you'll be busy cleaning a black car!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts