Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just to say that I am very happy with the service received from Aberdeen Audi regarding the order process and delivery of my new Q5....

Ok...a couple of minor issues, I seemed to do the majority of pestering over the months since order to delivery, but I guess that was more on my side from the sheer excitement of getting a new car and wanting to know everything at every stage.

And then there was the issue of them trying to fob me off on collecting/paying for the car till the beginning of December - A nice email to say...."no chance mate!" and they said I could pick the car up in three days
- I actually dont think the finance dept were talking to the New Car admin dept who I had been pestering (as above) on a daily basis to find out where the car was - As soon as they said December I told them I knew the car was at the dealership, they quickly changed their tune

Dont get me wrong, I would never hold that against them...as I said, its a pretty standard process, that most dealers will try and make punters go through when trying to make their figures add up

Anyway, Steve Ross (salesman I dealt with) was a decent guy who helped me out throughout the process (it the first brand new car I have ever owned).

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi All,

Just to say that I am very happy with the service received from Aberdeen Audi regarding the order process and delivery of my new Q5....

Ok...a couple of minor issues, I seemed to do the majority of pestering over the months since order to delivery, but I guess that was more on my side from the sheer excitement of getting a new car and wanting to know everything at every stage.

And then there was the issue of them trying to fob me off on collecting/paying for the car till the beginning of December - A nice email to say...."no chance mate!" and they said I could pick the car up in three days
- I actually dont think the finance dept were talking to the New Car admin dept who I had been pestering (as above) on a daily basis to find out where the car was - As soon as they said December I told them I knew the car was at the dealership, they quickly changed their tune

Dont get me wrong, I would never hold that against them...as I said, its a pretty standard process, that most dealers will try and make punters go through when trying to make their figures add up

Anyway, Steve Ross (salesman I dealt with) was a decent guy who helped me out throughout the process (it the first brand new car I have ever owned).

Cheers

Paul
mainly excellent experience to date but not competitive compared to southern dealers that are offering the same cars for 12 to 15 % discount off

·
Registered
503 Posts
mainly excellent experience to date but not competitive compared to southern dealers that are offering the same cars for 12 to 15 % discount off
My Southamton dealer certainly didn't offer that. The max they would go to was just over a £1000 off and that was at a push, so I went to a dealer north of the country.

I guess comparing a dealer to the south of Scotland could be the the equivilent to a dealer in the north to me

·
Registered
79 Posts
My Southamton dealer certainly didn't offer that. The max they would go to was just over a £1000 off and that was at a push, so I went to a dealer north of the country.

I guess comparing a dealer to the south of Scotland could be the the equivilent to a dealer in the north to me
I had the same at Southampton and Portsmouth Steppy.....weren't interested in doing a deal. Ended up travelling a little way North West and got 10% off! Pick up in 2 weeks......can't wait!

·
Registered
503 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
This will be the second time using aberdeen audi and I cant fault the service, but you have to be patient as they are usually busy

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have never faulted Aberdeen Audi in sales or service department they are their always to help great service.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi,
I am looking to place an order tomorrow at my third attempt with Aberdeen Audi. On first occasion they were not interested to discuss cars and options (I look scruffy on the best of my days). Ended up buying Honda-CRV. Got a test drive on second occasion however my phone calls were not returned to discuss it further. Ended up buying a Ford-Kuga. This time it will be a q5-Whether is Aberdeen Audi, orangewheels, drive the deal or carfile. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
Fiddler

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I have found that your appearance makes the world of difference when looking at cars and how you get treated - the only way to get anywhere if you are scruffy is to have turned up in an awesome car.
It's a shame this is the case, but that's the way of this world!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Or a Rolex Jose !!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Or a Rolex Jose !!
You joke, but a Rolex got me a 24h test drive in a 911 a couple of years ago (there is a bit more to it than that but a borrowed Rolex was involved!)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Finally placed an order with Aberdeen Audi. Had really good customer care this time around. Was a bit expensive than I could get from online dealers. However, I have been told a mid October delivery. Hope things go according to plan until I get the car.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Finally placed an order with Aberdeen Audi. Had really good customer care this time around. Was a bit expensive than I could get from online dealers. However, I have been told a mid October delivery. Hope things go according to plan until I get the car.
Good for you Fiddler. Bet you can't wait...

·
Registered
706 Posts
Scruffy or not, customer care should be no different irrespective how one is dressed. A few simple questions will sort out the time wasters from the serious buyers

·
Registered
768 Posts
So far so good for me with Aberdeen Audi. I've relied a lot though on the configurator and the help from this forum. Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Hectorshouse,
Just curious as to when you placed the order as I was told a mid-october delivery when I placed order last week

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hi fiddler, order to Audi was 25 June (although configured it originally at dealers 1st June) and looking at deliver hopefully mid to end September. I've also changed spec quite a bit, but delivery stays as original order. Fingers crossed for me, you and others with orders that delivery comes forward. Although the trade in price for my RR Evoque remains fixed, so may as well pile the miles on that. As long as it's a 63 plate.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts