Audi Q5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Must admit I really enjoy this car - and so does my Husky. But problems are starting to materialize. Let's hope the fixes make them go away. In case anyone is interested, here are the nagging problems.

1. Just 4 days ago, the back hatch decided not to lock. It closes but will not latch. The display on the dash shows an unlocked hatch and anyone can open it if they simply try.

2. NAV system bug. About 3 weeks ago, the display on the 3D image either shifted down or the top 1/5 of the screen has decided not to display the image. Odd enough, if I use the navigation system to find a destination, the display works just fine. The 2D image works well too. Very odd.

3. Poor door fit (right rear). It closes, but one needs to swing it with a little too much force.

It also seems that the engine revs high at times - as if the vehicle doesn't always know when to upshift.

For all I know, other functions may not be working right. I've yet to fully understand all the functions.

I certainly expected a few problems to arise, but it is scary when the computers are fine one minute and off the next. The headaches of modern cars. It does beat the days of overheating.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Hi HH,

I assume you're going to pay the garage a visit
I'd have thought most of your niggles could be fixed. Some are software ie the navigation might be cured with the latest nav update.

I was very tempted to get a Husky some years ago but ended up with the shrunk version......German Spitz Kleins

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Husky Hauler,

I had a similiar problem with my A5 Sportback rear left door, it was solved when the rubbers were changed along the door bottom and my wife and I also have a year old Siberian Husky named Yoda. The best thing was getting the S-line interior for the Q5 and A5 SB, easy to clean and hoover as that hair gets everywhere!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kaya thinks she is a shrunken version of a Husky. Not sure if she will ever appreciate her size or strength. I do have an S line. Nice look and easier to keep things clean. I did get the dealer to swap out the shiny, blingy interior trim for wood trim - much more to my liking.

Here is an update on the service.

1. Somewhere in the process of the mechanic screwing around with the back hatch, the lock decided to work for them. Still, they decided to order a new lock from Audi and said they will replace it once the part arrives (1 week from Germany to the U.S. - I assume they are paying Lucas di Grassi to drive the part here for me).

2. The NAV system - well that is sort of embarrassing. Somewhere in my imagination, I was certain that the 3D image had a different look. But given the angle of the 3D image, I'm just staring at the sky that was always present. My mind convinced me there was excess sky, but it's the same as the image in another vehicle. So the only think loose was the nut behind the wheel.

3. The nagging door issue is also not an issue - just annoying. Currently, Kaya sits in a crate and enters through the right rear door - thus I open and close that door regularly. Well apparently the pressure is great enough in the car to require excess for when shutting the door. If I open another door in the vehicle, less force is required. Seems a bit more excessive when compared to other doors in the car, but bottom line - the door is as it is. It just bothers me - minor in the grand scheme of things.

So 1 problem with the vehicle that has become transient, 1 problem with the driver that is likely not transient and 1 permanent annoyance of the most minor degree.

The only other problem was a broken clip on the sun visor. That was probably a result of my overzealous daughter, but it isn't the greatest design. Looks nice but poor design.

Other than that, I really like the Q5. I expect to have it for years to come.

HH

·
Registered
240 Posts
I had the tail gate problem. The stealer changed the latch and all has been good ever since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts