Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there all,
I'm new to this, so firstly would like to say a big HI!!!

I'm soon to purchase a 2009 Q5 3.0 TDI. It has most options, S-line, heated seats, tech pack, electric tailgate, parking sensors front and rear, and the 3g MMI navigation.
I'm a bit confused really. The car doesn't have Bluetooth prep at present so i'll be looking into that further in due course however i thought the 3g mmi came with it?
I just wanted to know what exactly the 3g MMI navigation offers in terms of functionality i.e DVD playback? 3d mapping? sd slot card? usb connectivity etc etc.
I think all the other extras i know what they are, however i keep reading different things regarding 3g 2g MMI, HDD navigation, 7'' screen, bluetooth comes with the 3gMMI etc etc.

Coudl someone please help me out on this one?

·
Registered
578 Posts
The 3G HDD navigation plays DVD movies, has a hard drive built in which you can import music to, has 2 x SD slots on the front and has 3D maps, I also believe it supports full postcode entries. The Tech Pack also comes with AMI which provides USB/IPod interface. Bluetooth prep is not provided as part of this pack and is a seperate item, you can have this retrofitted for around £400 and the Nav system will contain a menu for the phone - it just won't connect without the bluetooth module.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
3G MMI also has a MUCH better res screen and you also get 20GB (pretty crappy tbh given i have SD cards bigger than this) HDD storage that allows you to put your music on without the need to have a device connected. You also get better mapping graphics and a nice nipple on the top of the selector you can play with in traffic - ok real reason is to move around the nav screen which is handy too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the car: its great!!!! it has MMI high too
Minor few issues that i'm having: which i've posted in the minor bugs and fixes section

1 - 6 of 6 Posts