Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up a new tv tomorrow that has 3d capabilities. Not the main reason for buying it but thought I'd give it a whirl. Anyone got any recommendations on what film(s) I should buy to try out on it? I know Life of Pi is meant to be great in 3d but I've only just watched it. I was thinking maybe Pacific Rim?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Don't think it's in 3D, but last film I saw on the big screen was Rush - well worth a watch.

Just looking at my email confirmations of booking cinema tickets...
Planes 3D - Following on from the idea of Cars. I enjoyed it, light hearted, fun and pretty cool when a plane flies at you out of the screen!
Fast and Furious 6 - Worlds longest runway, nothing else to say.
Star Trek: Into The Darkness 3D - Actually watched this on TV only a couple of days ago (saw it at the cinema last May). Good film and lots of cool FX for the 3D
Iron Man 3D - again, flying things, tend to work well with 3D

I really should go to the cinema more often - it's only £2.50 at my local one or £3.50 at the weekend (2D or 3D!).

Reactions: Dogzyboy

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aha, some good shouts there, thanks Jose. I too should get to the cinema more often, especially with Orange Wednesdays etc... Still, even that's not even close to your bargain local cinema!

·
Registered
884 Posts
You have to add Avatar, the 3D is one of the best.

Link here might help.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Jose those prices are from 1980,lol,how cheap, were £9.50 @bluewater 😱

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Jose those prices are from 1980,lol,how cheap, were £9.50 @bluewater í ½í¸±
Basically it's an independent cinema that until recently had just 2 screens and just ran on a small profit run by a local family to make the point that the extortion the big players practise is not necessary. One screen is the same size as my home TV, and they could only show a fraction of all the films released, but they serve beer so who cares!
The local council then allowed a 10 screen Odeon to be built pretty much next door, the independents response was to buy the derelict bingo hall next door and create 2 more screens! So now they can show all the films and all in 3D, and the prices are still the same!
Odeon prices are currently only £4-5 as they are trying to put them out of business only to hike the prices immediately after, but the locals are sticking it to the man and boycotting them! Latest I heard Odeon will be closing... Only issue is what are they going to do with a purpose built cinema space that is the centre of a new (full of chain Italian restaurants) shopping complex!

I don't know one person in the town that understands the councils decision on the cinema and the whole development... But we are speaking with our wallets!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Always trying to crush the independent little man,glad the locals supported,even if it's just 4 the bear ,lol😄

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
I have yet to hear of any council who trully represent the wishes of the residents.

Councilors are would be MPs with the same nose in the trough morals and big grandeous ideas on how to waste money on vanity projects.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I have yet to hear of any council who trully represent the wishes of the residents.

Councilors are would be MPs with the same nose in the trough morals and big grandeous ideas on how to waste money on vanity projects.
True that! Vanity project defines this case really quite well!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts